“Hotel Ok, But Disappointing Stay”

Hyatt Regency Tulsa
Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Houston, Texas
“Hotel Ok, But Disappointing Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is downtown, close to the BOK Center (for sporting events and concerts), and is connected by walkway to the BOK Tower. That makes it really convenient for business meetings with BOK, Williams, WPX Energy, and the other businesses there. My top floor room had large windows and high ceilings, making the room feel larger than it probably was. I don't know if the ceilings on other floors are as high. The hotel has a Daily Grill on the lobby level, and that restaurant provides the room service (which was very good). Despite all that and having gotten a really good rate, I doubt I will stay here again. The fire alarm system malfunctioned in the middle of the night, and the hotel staff did a poor job of communicating with guests throughout the next hour or so. I called the front desk and was told it was a malfunction and there was no need to evacuate. When the alarms persisted, I called again and this time was told that we did need to evacuate to the lobby level. The fire department eventually arrived and made sure there was no actual emergency. After 45 minutes or so, guests eventually began just wandering back upstairs, but with no communication or instructions from the hotel staff. The alarm then proceeded to go off again sporadically for short periods over the remainder of the night. All buildings can have malfunctions of this sort, but my main disappointment was with the lack of communication by the staff. That alone will lead me to think twice about staying here again. There are other places in downtown Tulsa that I like just as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your review, we do appreciate the feedback.

I do apologize for the issues with the fire alarms. We did evacuate due to our security smelling smoke. Upon arrival of the fire department we received the "all clear" and let guests back into the building. My staff assures me they were communicating with guests, but apparently this was the not the case. I will address this immediately.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back the the Hyatt Regency Tulsa on your next trip.

918-560-2204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I go to Tulsa often for business and always stay at the Hyatt Regency downtown. It is centrally located and close to great downtown restaurants and entertainment. The staff is always helpful and courteous and the restaurant in the hotel is a great place to dine and have a drink. I read the other comments about noise and have never experienced that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review. We truly appreciate all the kind words.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Olive Branch, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed here for business and had read the reviews about the elevator noise in certain rooms. Others had remarked about wind noise etc. Well, take my word for it, it is the elevators! I had a room with the wall to the back of the elevators and are they noisy! Sounds like a wind storm outside every time they go up and down, which is often! The hotel was booked for a large event so I couldn't move rooms and honestly after 3 days I got used to it. If you are a light sleeper, you need to make sure you get a room very far from the elevator bank. Otherwise the hotel was ok. The pool area looked kinda old and dated, little worn out. The downtown area around the hotel does not have much to offer, so I am sure there are better parts of town to stay in. Service was ok, food was ok, overall just nothing special here.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We appreciate the feedback. We are trying to solve the issue with elevator noise. We normally try to keep our guests away from the elevators, but as you mentioned, on sold out nights we are not always able to accomodate that.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you back at the Hyatt Regency, the next time you are in Tulsa.

Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We grabbed a reservation through a third-party website to break-up the drive between Dallas and KC. This hotel worked perfectly and we had no problems or issues with the service or features. Nice location where we could park once and then walk to get food.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you the review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. IWe are pleased we could assist with being your stop over on your road trip. We do have 38 restaurants/bar within walking distance, so I agree, park once and explore downtown Tulsa.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next road trip.

Council Grove, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

If going to the BoK Center, This is the place just in walking distance. But no room service, and the Valet people were just a tad too anxious to take my car. The Valet was a gal who was just kinda in my face and my daughter's trying to get us out of the car, kinda made me feel uncomfortable. On the other had I was impressed with my husband that he let someone else park the car. I do think, and it is not just this hotel, but I think Free parking should be a must! And free wi-fi should be a must..sometimes I feel a little gouged when staying at a nicer hotel. Nicer hotels should have room service!! That is just one of the perks that make a hotel fun!

Room Tip: It is a older remodeled hotel, Where we stayed it smelled like someone had been smoking in the room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank diada332
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for mentioning our proximity to the BOK Center. It is a short 3 block walk.

We hope to see you back the next time you are in Tulsa.

Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay, it was wonderful. We chose this hotel because it is on the shuttle route for the Tulsa Oktoberfest. It was so nice not having to drive or find a parking spot at the festival. The beds were comfy. Our sunset view was beautiful. The room was spotlessly clean. The hotel staff are some of the friendliest people I've ever stayed with. We had room service one night it was tasty, hot and timely. We had a daily breakfast credit and while the Daily Grill was crowded and a bit slow in the mornings the food was delicious. I highly recommend the eggs benedict, their speciality and it is done right! I never saw a long line at the front desk in the beautiful lobby. We will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 4th floor for a good view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We truly appreciate it. Glad to hear the transportation worked out for you.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back the next time you are in Tulsa.

Lewisville, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for the Oktoberfest free shuttle to and from the hotel, which is a really great idea in theory as a way to avoid any drunk drivers.When we arrived, one of the employees pointed us to the kiosk to check in instead of using the front desk (which looked swamped). The kiosk worked well and we were checked in. Room was nice, but the TV was not in HD, which was a downer. The view of the park next door was fantastic though.

Getting a hold of anyone at the hotel seemed to be a big problem While at the Oktoberfest, the shuttle company was completely unorganized, and lots of people trying to leave at the end had no idea which line was for which bus and where the the buses where actually going. Complete chaos. We tried to call the hotel, but could not get a hold of anyone at all. Fortunately, made it back to the hotel after about an hour wait.

Trying to get a cab the next morning was impossible. Again, no one answered at the bellhop/valet station or the front desk, even after calling multiple times. When I when down to the front desk, they did hand me a card of a local company, who neglected to take my name and picked up someone else. When I called the company back, they said it would take 30 min to pick me up. I had to call around another 3 places before getting a cabbie to pick me up.

In the evening, there seemed to be a lot of events going on, which is understandable. But the noise was very bothersome. I listened to several people's loud conversation in the room next door as the insulation in the room was pretty weak. I might as well had been standing in the midst of their argument. Again, could not reach the front desk to ask for security to come up and clear out the hallway.

While I will give hotel good marks for the nice lobby, on site coffee shop, and good location downtown, I can't get past the horrible customer service. I would rather take my money elsewhere the next time I travel to Tulsa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with transporation. This is the first year Oktoberfest has done this, and the kinks are still be worked out. I also apologize for us not answering the phone. This is unaccepatable and I will ensure it is corrected.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you are back in Tulsa.