“Great Oktoberfest Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Tulsa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Kansas
“Great Oktoberfest Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay, it was wonderful. We chose this hotel because it is on the shuttle route for the Tulsa Oktoberfest. It was so nice not having to drive or find a parking spot at the festival. The beds were comfy. Our sunset view was beautiful. The room was spotlessly clean. The hotel staff are some of the friendliest people I've ever stayed with. We had room service one night it was tasty, hot and timely. We had a daily breakfast credit and while the Daily Grill was crowded and a bit slow in the mornings the food was delicious. I highly recommend the eggs benedict, their speciality and it is done right! I never saw a long line at the front desk in the beautiful lobby. We will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 4th floor for a good view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for the great review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We truly appreciate it. Glad to hear the transportation worked out for you.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back the next time you are in Tulsa.

918-560-2204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Lewisville, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for the Oktoberfest free shuttle to and from the hotel, which is a really great idea in theory as a way to avoid any drunk drivers.When we arrived, one of the employees pointed us to the kiosk to check in instead of using the front desk (which looked swamped). The kiosk worked well and we were checked in. Room was nice, but the TV was not in HD, which was a downer. The view of the park next door was fantastic though.

Getting a hold of anyone at the hotel seemed to be a big problem While at the Oktoberfest, the shuttle company was completely unorganized, and lots of people trying to leave at the end had no idea which line was for which bus and where the the buses where actually going. Complete chaos. We tried to call the hotel, but could not get a hold of anyone at all. Fortunately, made it back to the hotel after about an hour wait.

Trying to get a cab the next morning was impossible. Again, no one answered at the bellhop/valet station or the front desk, even after calling multiple times. When I when down to the front desk, they did hand me a card of a local company, who neglected to take my name and picked up someone else. When I called the company back, they said it would take 30 min to pick me up. I had to call around another 3 places before getting a cabbie to pick me up.

In the evening, there seemed to be a lot of events going on, which is understandable. But the noise was very bothersome. I listened to several people's loud conversation in the room next door as the insulation in the room was pretty weak. I might as well had been standing in the midst of their argument. Again, could not reach the front desk to ask for security to come up and clear out the hallway.

While I will give hotel good marks for the nice lobby, on site coffee shop, and good location downtown, I can't get past the horrible customer service. I would rather take my money elsewhere the next time I travel to Tulsa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with transporation. This is the first year Oktoberfest has done this, and the kinks are still be worked out. I also apologize for us not answering the phone. This is unaccepatable and I will ensure it is corrected.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you are back in Tulsa.

Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

A friend and I stayed at this hotel overnight Oct. 19 . We were in town for the Sisters Sippin' Tea "Books & Brunch" conference. The staff was wonderful, friendly, helpful- although it seemed like they may have been understaffed. Comfy beds. We had a issue with our room and had to switch rooms about 10PM that night, but the assistant manager was very helpful and courteous about the situation. Also I should say that the bathrooms could have been a little cleaner. When we switched rooms there was hair on the floor and the shelf under the sink had not been dusted in ages. I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Kansas City, Mo. several times so I was kind of surprised that the one in Tulsa was not as clean. Overall, the experience was not bad and again the cleanliness, or lack thereof, may have been a staffing issue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. I do apologize for the issue with your room cleanliness and I have addressed this with my hosuekeeping department.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Pierron
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this so called upper-class hotel on Oct 19th and 20th. It was a huge mistake on my part. The only thing this hotel has going in it's favor is the staff. I got a room rate of $69 a night for the two nights but is was a non-refundable rate, even the clerk at check in commented that I got a very good rate. So, I was so pleased with myself until I got to our room. Here is a list of things wrong with our room:
A toilet that you had to hold the handle down so it would flush and it flushed very slowly
Paint chips coming off the entrance door and bathroom door
White stuff splattered all over the black closet doors that came off when I wiped it off
The windows looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a year
The curtains on the windows were stained
The base board at the bottom of the window frame was sticking out
No telephone book
No information on things to do in the Tulsa area
No sugar or creamer with the coffee maker
No microwave (but housekeeping said there should have been one in the room and they brought us one very quickly)
The carpet looked old and dirty
The bathroom sink was dirty and there was a bar of used soap in the sink soap holder
Was charged extra for parking at this hotel $8 a day
Was charged extra for internet service $10 a day per laptop, it did not cover all computers in our room
Cooling system in room was not good
The prices in the lobby restaurant are very high and the room service prices are even higher
Our stay was just terrible. On Saturday night, I had to call the front desk to complain about a party going on across the hall at 1am. They did send security up to quite them down but that only lasted about a half hour. The people in that room across the hall had many people coming and going until 3am. The security is not good in this hotel. Anyone can just get in the elevator and go to any of the floors accept for the 14th and 15th floor, which I guess are the top level suites and they get security and the rest of the floors do not.
So, what I am saying is this. We would of been better off to book a different hotel in the Tulsa area and pay a slightly higher rate than to stay at this hotel with all the extra charges and expensive restaurant. We had never stayed at a Hyatt Hotel before and this experience has made us not to want to stay with this chain of Hotel again. If not for the non-refundable rate and getting charged for the second night we would of checked out on the second day of our stay and went else where.

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin, NO SECURITY!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sheila M
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you experiennced. We did not meet your expectations and I apologize for that. This is not a normal occurence for us and I will investigate and rectify this immediately.

Thank you gain for your review and I hope we get another opportunity to host you the next time you are in Tulsa.

Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'm not sure what happened to Seribel, but we stayed at the Hyatt for Oktoberfest this past weekend as well. (And please don't blame the hotel for the shuttle issues you had ... the shuttle is run by Oktoberfest, not the Hyatt.)

My first interaction was with Margot. I called ahead Saturday morning to verify the online reservations I had made a few weeks prior. She was super-friendly and very helpful. She has First Class customer service skills, in my opinion. I was very impressed.

First, when we pulled up to the hotel, a gentleman greeted us (we arrived as a party of four in one vehicle) and asked us if we needed luggage assistance. We just had two duffel bags between us, so we declined. He explained the parking options and my husband decided to self-park while I went to check in (the other couple traveling with us went with my husband to park). I'm a fairly self-sufficient individual and don't need "personal" service, so I opted for the self-check in kiosk (which the gentleman outside explained was up the escalators and to the right). I had no trouble checking the other couple and ourselves in.

When we arrived in our room, about 5pm, we planned on taking about 15-20 minutes to freshen up before leaving for Oktoberfest. My husband tried to turn on the TV to watch some football and found that the TV wasn't working. We called the Front Desk and in seven minutes flat (no kidding) a service person was at the door. He fixed the TV quickly and was also very friendly. I really don't know who in their right mind cares about having an HD TV or not in a hotel room. I can't tell you if our TV was HD or not, because that kind of thing really doesn't matter to me.

We met our friends in the lobby and walked out to catch the Oktoberfest shuttle. Our wait was less than 10 minutes for the shuttle. We had a wonderful time at Oktoberfest (this is our third year to go). We rode the shuttle back to the Hyatt and arrived around 11:30pm.

We purchased the "Bed and Breakfast" deal for our stay. I have to say this: the info provided on the website about this deal was sparse. So, when we arrived in our room I called the Front Desk (this was after the TV repair call) to ask about it. The lady I spoke to (something like Evelyn, Ellen, Helen ... can't remember exactly) told me that in the morning I would need to present my room key to someone at the Daily Grill (the on-site restaurant) before 9:30am and that breakfast would be free. Later that night, after we returned from the festival, I noticed a room service menu and thought how odd it was that we would be required to go downstairs if there was room service available ... and it noted that breakfast was until 11am, not 9:30am. So, the next morning, I called the Front Desk to ask about the deal again, hoping to get a different person. This time I talked to Anthony who said that all I had to do was order breakfast through room service and there would be a $25 credit. I informed him that someone the previous day had a totally different description and he apologized and promised to make sure everyone was on the same page (lovin' that customer service!).

Needless to say, I'm a bit concerned about the apparent lack of communication to hotel staff about the Bed and Breakfast deal - and about the deal itself. I thought breakfast would be free, not just a $25 credit (which doesn't buy much - our two meals plus a pot of coffee was over $50). And for two people to describe two totally different definitions of the deal is upsetting. I'm interested to see if my credit card statement will reflect the correct breakfast charge.

Room 1110 (11th floor). The room itself was wonderful. I've stayed at some wonderful places (Venetian, Las Vegas) and some hole in the wall roach motels (Hiway Inn, Hobart, Okla.) ... the Hyatt Regency in Tulsa is in my top 5 for room quality. The mattresses were firm, but plushly appointed. The room was impeccably clean. I looked for flaws and didn't find any. THE AIR VENTS WERE CLEAN! I've seen numerous posts complaining about dirty vents. If that was a problem, it has certainly been fixed. At no time did I feel like I was in an old hotel (although the exterior gives away the age just in style). I love, love, love the shower/tub! Very nice ... especially since most hotel showers are such a disappointment. Sleep quality was great. We rarely heard any other guests.

The food we had at breakfast was FANTASTIC! My husband had pancakes with a side of bacon and I had the 3 egg breakfast which came with bacon and potatoes. We also ordered a pot of coffee. I don't know what coffee they are using, but it is WONDERFUL! I meant to call and ask what brand it was, but forgot.

The only complaint I have besides the deal problems is that the parking garage attendant was ... challenged. He didn't seem to know what he was doing. He kept asking us for a white card from the hotel and we had no idea what he was talking about. We just intended to pay and leave, but he kept pressing us about this white card. Finally he just let us pay the $8 fee and go. I don't think this person was employed by the hotel, so I can't really fault the Hyatt for his odd behavior.

All in all, I would certainly recommend the Hyatt Regency. I'm surprised that there are so many less than positive reviews and can only chalk that up to reviewers that expect perfection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lthornton79
Thank you for the fantatic review. I am pleased to hear that you not only enjoyed the hotel ans our service, but Tulsa and Oktoberfest. It is a great festival.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back next year for your 4th Oktoberfest.

Have a great fall.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I am at the hotel as I write this note and we booked our room online about 2 weeks ago. Our room is located on 3rd floor a few rooms behind the elevator lobby and you can constantly here the elevator(s) travel up and down and problem becomes even more evident at sleeping time when it's all quiet and tv is off.
I approached the front desk today and they are aware of the problem but supposedly have not been able to resolve it and neither able to move us to another room.
My wife and I barely slept last night and its not going to get better tonight. I am not sure if this was our punishment for making a web reservation and getting a package deal but have to deal with it for 2 more days.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate it. I apologize for the issues with the elevator noise. We are attempting to rectify this. Hopefully we will have this addressed before you stay with us again.

I again apologize and hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Upon arrival, no bellhop greeted us or offered help with luggage. Check in on upper level not clearly marked. There was a short line at the desk, and we were encouraged to use the kiosk which was easy, but not personal. The room was nice, but the TV is not in HD. We took the shuttle to Oktoberfest, had to wait over an hour to get a shuttle back. Around 11am I started trying to call the vallet/bellhop to ask them to call me a cab. I got an answering machine twice. I tried guest services (0 which also happens to be listed as the # to dial in emergencies) no answer. I tried a total of three times. No answer. Went downstairs, no line at the desk. Asked them to call us a cab. They told us they don't do that for guests, but gave me a card to a cab company. Called and the cab came and picked up someone else! There was a huge line for the vallet, I never once saw a bellhop or vallet driver. The traffic was out of control with no vallets to move cars and three large sporting team buses trying to load. Two cops were trying to help with traffic, but nobody was moving the cars that needed to be parked. We Googled for another cab company called them and they told us they were not able to pickup there, call City Cab. We called City Cab, no answer. After waiting for more than 30 minutes at the chaotic and unorganized circle drive out front, we decided to start walking and finally got ahold of a cab company that could pick us up. It took more than an hour to find transportation. Was so stressful and made us an hour late to our comittment.

This hotel is NOT worth the money. I would not trust them to park my car or pick me up in the airport shuttle, after all, they didn't even answer their phone. The complete lack of service is not worth it. The most impressive service I received was from a kiosk. Do not stay here unless you like terrible service.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Seribel
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey regarding our hotel. I do apologize for the desk and valet not answering the phone. I will address this immediately. I do know they were very busy, but we should have answered the phone.

I apologize for the taxi companies in Tulsa. We, the hotel community, have been trying to bring them up to standards.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.