$85
  • Pool
$220
$178
1,258 results
All reviewsbok centerself parkingthe blue dome districtperforming arts centerdowntown tulsanice hotelrestaurants and barsdowntown hotelbrady districtshuttle servicethe room was niceking roomfitness centerescalatorconferencevaletconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My company hosted our annual Christmas party at the Hyatt last week. I'd never stayed there so my wife and I took advantage of the discounted room rate. We had dinner and entertainment in one of the Hyatt's conference rooms and I must say the staff were hit and miss. Most of them were helpful and attentive but there was a very casual attitude and speech about them...they just didn't give off a professional aire. The lobby was odd because you had to go up to the 2nd floor to check in...so we ended up going up to check in, then back down again to the conference rooms...which seemed odd. The rooms themselves were nice enough, nothing fancy, but we were please with our bed and such. The bathroom was pretty small...smaller than I am used to from a nicer hotel.

It was probably worth what we paid but wouldn't be a place I'd go out of my way to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Quentin A
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you for your repsonse. I appreciate the feedback regarding your interaction with the staff. We will utilize this review in our customer service training to demonstrate the need to go above and beyond for each and every guest.

Thank you again and have a safe and happy holiday season.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

This location has a covered walk way to Williams Energy. The rooms are large, the staff is very friendly, and the Regency Club for preferred guests on the 15th floor is a nice added feature. Even the Daily Grill has good food.
Tip - use the valet parking, the self parking costs almost the same price.

Room Tip: The 14th and 15th floor are the best.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We truly appreciate it. We hope you have a safe and happy holiday season.

918-560-2204

Reviewed November 24, 2011

This hotel shut everything down from restaurants to room service at 8 pm tonight, not due to the holidays but due to poor staffing and a manager who said she was tired. The hotel also refused to open the small sundry shop so guests could eat something. The front desk simply smiled and shrugged their shoulders as people got change for vending machines. The on call manager was no help either. We ate out of a vending machine for a family of four. This managment team belongs back at HUD where they obviously trained. This is why I spend 75 nights annually at Hilton and Marriotts not Hyatts.

Room Tip: Go to the Doubletree
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This hotel was rated 4-stars on Hotwire, Expedia, and Travelocity. In every way this was misrepresentation of the strongest kind. Please, see photos for reference.
The staff was incredibly rude. As a Platinum member, the front desk refused to help me find my Hyatt member number and also refused to see if any upgrades were available. When you travel a lot away from family and spend a lot of money on accommodations, one feels as though they've earned the right to upgrade for a nominal charge. Obviously, no empathy was felt from the person at the front desk. Actually, when I arrived and went to the Lobby no one was even at the desk (or Kiosks would be a better word for them).
This poor review has no basis on te age of the hotel. The Peabody in Memphis and The Arlington in Hot Springs are two of my most favorite hotels. This review is purely based on the poor level of service, the low budget remodeling job, dirty accommodations, thin walls, and loud appliances.
If you're looking for that dirty New Orleans feel in a convention center, feel free to stay here... I'll be elsewhere!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank xomissalyssaxo
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize that it did not meet your expectations. We are continually improving our rooms and overall condition of the hotel. This is an on-going process and will continue into 2012.

As for our service, I will be addressing this with our managers and staff immediately.

I again apologize and thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for three nights while attending a conference in the hotel. This was my first visit to Tulsa. I had attempted to check in online but the service was not functioning (not Tulsa Hyatt's fault) and I was instructed to go to the check-in desk to complete the process. When we arrived, we fortunately decided to pull into the pick-up/drop-off area first as we wouldn't have been able to park in the garage without a room key. I went into the lower lobby and it was completely empty. There were no signs or anyone available to indicate what to do, so I wandered around that level looking for check-in. Finding nothing, I took the escalator up one flight. I went to the area with three small desks and one attendant standing on a ripped rubber mat behind the middle desk. There were three people in line in front of me. Another attendant poked his head out and then ducked back into wherever it is they go behind the desk. When I finally reached the desk, Weston was very polite and helpful. The check-in process seems awkward, though; the keys have to be "activated" in a separate place while the line continued to back up behind me. With 350 people attending the conference, I would have expected the process to be quicker. The walls are painted shiny black but there is evidence of scarring and places where the paints don't match. Doesn't give the most sophisticated feel to the place. Likewise, the lobby had modern furnishings that looked a bit tired and worn for having been so recently remodeled.

Once we had checked in and navigated the parking situation (really, not that complex), we dragged our bags from the garage to the hotel. There doesn't appear to be an automated door (what do people in wheelchairs do??) on either door from the garage to the hotel, which made it awkward to drag our wheeled bags and my booth through. When we reached the elevator, the inside of the doors looked like they had been wiped with a rag covered in vaseline - they looked...slimy. This was the case all three days were were there and in every elevator. We reached the fourth floor and the first room door's sign had been pulled off and the room number written on in a Sharpie. Again, not the most sophisticated entry.

Our room was quite adequate. We requested two double beds - not quite "doubles": couples should know that two people could not sleep comfortably together in one - which were very comfy and nicely made. The pillows were soft and fluffy and the furnishings were attractive. However, there was a dead cockroach lodged under our door, and peanut shells under the ottoman at the end of the bed. The windows were filthy on the outside and covered with fingerprints on the inside. What appeared to be shredded paper was littered in the crevice at the bottom of the window. The bathroom fixtures were spotless (thank you for that!) but the vanity mirror was dusty and again covered with fingerprints. There is only one hook on the back of the door for wet towels, so my travel companion had to hang hers in the closet.

We decided to go out for an early lunch. We went to the lobby level hoping to find a concierge to provide advice about where to go, but this hotel doesn't appear to have a concierge. The check-in desk was very busy so we opted not to wait in line. We went down to the lower lobby thinking we'd ask a valet but there were none to be found. There was a map on the valet desk but restaurants aren't listed. I was surprised there wasn't a list somewhere with nearby (walkable) places to try. We wandered up to the Marriott and found a very helpful concierge who gave us advice and directions to the Blue Dome district (what a great idea - thanks, Marriott!).

The Blue Dome district appears to be up-and-coming, but the streets were abandoned. We were the only diners in the restaurant we selected. We weren't sure if this was a "bad" neighborhood or our timing was off. We were just happy to have found someplace to eat. We decided to try room service for breakfast.

The room service prices are OUTRAGEOUS. $4.50 for a half grapefruit?? $13.50 for eggs and bacon? I recently stayed at an Intercontinental - the most expensive hotel in Kansas City - and the room service prices were much better and the food items more plentiful (the eggs/bacon breakfast was $11 and came with fruit, toast, coffee and potatoes; at the Tulsa Hyatt all of that is an extra charge). I ordered the three-egg omelet so we could split it. The in-room menu said it came with potatoes and toast, however, when I asked about the toast selection I was told that toast was an added $1.50. Um, no thanks. The service was prompt and the food was tasty but sheesh! We thought the prices in the hotel restaurant might be cheaper but they were the same (less the delivery and gratuity, of course). The coffee shop offers some light and cheaper alternatives and I heard that the coffee there was quite good. We settled for protein bars that we'd packed and in-room coffee the remaining mornings.

For the conference, the meeting rooms were quite good. The chairs were comfortable, the staff were friendly, and the rooms were perfectly sized for the groups we had. The provided lunch was fine (standard hotel chicken and rice) and again the staff were friendly and courteous.

I do wish the sleeping rooms had refrigerators (I understand they are being installed in 2012) and wine glasses. The TV did not appear to be high-definition (we watched the World Series - yay, Cardinals! - and the picture was quite grainy) but that may not be under the hotel's control. Otherwise I thought the hotel amenities - towels, soaps/shampoos, coffee maker, linens and finishings - were more than adequate.

The hotel could easily implement more thorough cleaning and a few amenities like better signage, restaurant/local information/maps and towel racks to make the stay much more pleasant. I would stay again knowing what I know now and hope to see improvements if I do.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business