“SHOULD NOT BE RATED A 3 STAR!!!”

Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“SHOULD NOT BE RATED A 3 STAR!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

A friend and I went to Tulsa for a relaxing weekend and were excited about staying at this Hyatt. First stop was check in both self check in kiosks were broken so we had to stand in a very long line for at least 10 mins and there was no sign of a baggage carrier. Got to our room and instantly noticed how small it was. Next check was the beds...just as I was about to sit to give it a test what do I see PUBIC HAIR!!! Completely covering the bed it was so disgusting I immediately called the front desk they said they would get us in another room so we stood waiting (afraid to sit on any furniture) about ten more minutes before they called us back so we had to go back to the lobby get another key. The next one smelled like wintergreen chewing tobacco but we didn't want to complain again do your self a favor stay somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Thank you for you review. I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced. A clean, comfortable guest room is a minimal expectation, I apologize that was not the case. I would like for try us again. I am certain we can show you the Hyatt Regency Tulsa service and exceed your expectations. Please call me personally to make all the arrangements.

918-560-2204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We attended a conference at this hotel at the end of April and it was fabulous. The staff was friendly and attentive. I loved the large, spacious room and having a make-up mirror for us female travelers was great. My room was exceptionally clean and it looks like the hotel was recently renovated as it was stylish and modern. Our meetings were at the hotel and the meeting rooms were comfortable and the food was great. Close walking distance to the BOK center. A great place to hold a meeting or conference!

2 Thank KathyRaleigh_NC
Thank you for you review. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

Wow what a Great Hotel! The staff was very customer service driven throughout the hotel. The bellman, front desk, bar and banquet staff all Exceeded my needs as business traveller....kudos to the GM Jeff for a wonderful team performance!

Room Tip: Buy the Concierge Floor!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments regarding our staff. I will be sure to share these with them.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Beautiful hotel. Great accomodations. Above all, the staff is great. They show true hospitality from the moment I entered this hotel. Clean room, loved the food, and you just cannot beat the location. My Kudos to this newly renovated hotel. Way to go..

1 Thank Faisal K
Thank you for the review and the kind remarks reagrding our staff. I must agree, they are terrific and truly care about delivering great service and exceeding expectations.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2011

What a great hotel! Comfortable beds, clean bathroom, and fantastic service! As a female traveler it's very difficult to find hotels that have bright hallways, a good selection of tv channels that women like to watch, and great shower pressure. They have all 3. Plus the hotel is walking distance to several local restaurants, no need for a car or a taxi. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Tulsa.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I am all about the quality of sleep at a hotel.
I had a quick one nighter here last night and I tell you what... I have never had a more comfy bed at a hotel. Never. I stay at hotels all over the world. This astounded me.
Check in was a little odd because it is not immediately clear where it is located.
It's straight up the escalator, to the right.
Check in was fast. No problems at all.
We changed real quick and attended a couple of meetings nearby and then returned to have happy hour then dinner at the onsite restaurant.
It was surprisingly good. Between the 3 of us, we had fried fish, fries, ahi tuna salad and mac and cheese. It was all perfectly prepared and delicious.
The drinks (a martini, a peach specialty drink and a mojito) were all great too when made by a young waiter/bartender. Later we had an older guy bartender and the drinks were not nearly as good.
Headed up to the rooms early and took a shower. The hotel was packed but I think I must have been the only person using water. It took a while to heat up, but it did.
The next morning it was hot immediately, so I really think it was because no one was using it.
I slept like a rock. It was so cushy and there were thunderstorms... ahhhh
The next morning we all had breakfast before heading out and it was also delicious.
I had pancakes and bacon and the pancakes were light and fluffy.
All in all a great place to stay.
Clean with fine service, quality food and amazingly comfy beds... perfect for my needs.

Nyc
Reviewed April 4, 2011

This place needs some work! Shuttle driver dropped us off at some weird entrance and never told us how to find check in nor did he even touch our bags. Woman at check in was alone and apologized several times about how bad their computers were. Both she and the woman the following day had badly stained uniforms with their bellies hanging out below an ill-fitted top. Gift sold the cheesiest things I've ever seen. Daily Grill was good, but understaffed. Room: okay. Dusty. And NO ONE LIKES CFL bulbs. The room was lit like a teachers lounge. Get rid of those bulbs; i dont care how much money they're saving you; people don't pay all this money to rest in DMV lighting. I would try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
Thank you for review. I would like to apologize for the issues at check-in. Our staff needed to be more attentive and I do apologize that it affected your stay. We have new uniforms to replace the ones with bleach stains.

I would like for you to try us again. I know we can show you the true Hyatt Regency service. Please call me at 918-560-2204 and I will make all the arrangements.