“A great tasting place”

Cuisines: American
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A great tasting place”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

They have amazing food with a wide variety and fast service and with a hotel and the best gym you'll ever go to called meltdown fitness

MaxxwellsTulsa, Manager at Maxxwell's Restaurant, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for coming in and the review! Have you tried Meltdown's fitness classes? They are amazing!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Enjoyable Lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

After seeing a few reviews on Facebook and driving by on busy nights through Tulsa I decided to try Maxxwell's for lunch with my wife.

They post lunch specials on Facebook which is nice so give them a follow. The patty melt with thick apple smoked bacon looked amazing and had me sold right away.

The place was very clean, subtle atmosphere of old crystal chandeliers and muted colors with dark wood paneling.

We sat at the bar due to how crowded it was but service did not suffer. I of course ordered the Patty Melt with hand cut fries and my wife ordered the grilled fish tacos and a side of sweet potato tots.

While we waited I noticed a couple of local tap handles for Marshall and Choc Brewing which is always encouraging as well as a good local bottle selection. Being a work day I had to pass but it was tough.

Food came out in a very reasonable amount of time, hot and delicious. Burger was cooked well and good portion size for the price. The patty melt even had a nice cheese mix smothered on top. It was so much I had to take the second half for leftovers.

While it was a short visit I would recommend going back to try dinner as they have a very affordable Prime Rib dinner that I would like to sink my teeth into.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Bwelzba
Thank you for the review! The Patty Melt was a huge hit and we are glad you got to try it! Thinking about making it a special soon, so keep checking Facebook for when it is! We try to get as much local products as we can from food to drink. We love supporting our local vendors! We hope you can come back in soon! Thank you again!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classy Place with Comfort Food and Good Drinks”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I got a tip that Maxwells had a Christmas dinner offering. We hadn't been yet and didn't want to cook so we wanted to give it a try. I was the hero of the day. Have you ever hard of a Christmas dinner being $12.00? This, in a classy hardwood restaurant with sunny windows and a big beautiful bar loaded with lots of booze. For my dinner I had the most tender turkey with a creamy sauce. This was coupled with ham. I accompanied this with real garlic mashed potatoes in a big bowl. I had grilled vegetables and butternut squash that was so fresh and tasty. I had chilled jasmine tea and the flavor was bold and perfect with the meal. We ordered a bottle of champagne that was one of the best. This all in a room that was filled with one of a kind historic pictures of Tulsa. We are glad we made memories at the Maxwell this year. The waitstaff was very, very friendly...from the cook to the manager! Run, don't walk, to a great local place.

• Visited December 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“Delicious Breakfast”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We went there for breakfast and it was a wonderful experience. The food is diner style and fills your plate. The waitresses were friendly and super helpful.

Visited December 2013
texas
“A must when in Tulsa”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff are outstanding! Very friendly and the food very plentiful and very delicious. I would eat there even if I didn't stay at the Campbell. Only wish I had been able to have dinner since the menu was really innovative and I loved the other meals. Can't praise the wait staff enough for their hard work!

Visited November 2013