“Great Food - Great Vibe”

Maxxwell's Restaurant
Ranked #269 of 1,356 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stumbled across Maxwell's last night. Fantastic find! I love the atmosphere; the great pictures of Tulsa and the decor.....great vibe there. I ordered the pork chop dinner. It was the thickest chop I've ever seen! Delicious taste. Sides were garlic mashed potatoes (REAL!) and seasoned vegetables. Service was excellent. I will definitely be back. And I'm havin' the meatloaf..... ;o)

3  Thank ZinkGirl

Reviewed October 2, 2013

After reading reviews on this and other forums, my wife and I went to Maxxwell's for lunch today. It is a retro diner in the sense that the signage outside, and great vintage Tulsa photos of some of Tulsa's most famous places in the glory days are prominently displayed throughout. It has a high tin ceiling and beautiful sconces and chandeliers the like of which I've not seen. The bar area is separated by a low wall and is also well-appointed. The bathrooms were extremely clean. We were immediately greeted by a very friendly hostess and waitress (Elyse) who answered all our questions. Did I mention the place was clean? The menu has a nice variety of items and they serve breakfast, though I neglected to ask if you can get breakfast all day. I had the Beer Battered Cod, fries and coleslaw ($14). The fries are hand cut, the slaw is very creamy and tasty and the cod was perfectly cooked. My wife had the Old School Burger and fries ($8) which came on house-made buns. It's a perfect addition to the Campbell Hotel, a recently refurbished and very clean hotel in the same building. It's on 11th Street, close to TU, and though we've been to Happy Hour in the Campbell's small bar, we'll probably give Maxxwell's a try when they get their Happy Hour firmed up.

3  Thank TulsaZephyr
Reviewed September 29, 2013

very friendly and attentive wait staff. Very nice atmosphere. I had beer battered cod that was the cleanest, non-oily fish that I think I've ever had. My wife had a pork chop that she liked more than steak. We will be back often.

2  Thank AllentheOZ
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Probably the best meatloaf that I've had in any diner, cool little lunch place. My buddy had the smoky mac and cheese and also enjoyed it.

2  Thank pedrothelion77
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were delighted that Maxxwell's opened for our stay at the boutique Campbell Hotel. After a long drive, we just went downstairs and walked into a nicely done place with beautiful decor and friendly service. The spareness beer, the pretzels and mustard, the pork and green chile soup, and the meatloaf and potatoes were excellent!

8  Thank Nancy0927