“Amazed it scores so well”

Kilkennys Irish Pub & Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Kilkennys Irish Pub & Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,318 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
London
“Amazed it scores so well”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate here after reading TA reviews but the food did not deliver. The atmosphere is fine and the service was reasonable. However, we chose the mussels and they were the worst mussels we have ever tasted . The server willingly returned them to the kitchen. The blackened shrimps were OK but the accompanying vegetables pretty tasteless. The fish and chips were good. Overall there must be better food in Tulsa!

Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Just like Ireland!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went to Ireland last year. We just happened on to this pub in Tulsa today. I thought I was in Dublin sitting there!! food was good, service was good and so friendly. Would recommend it to all Irish lovers.

1 Thank kathyd928
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Excellent food, horrible service!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I made my third trip to Kilkennys Irish Pub on my most recent trip to Tulsa. My two daughters, toddler granddaughter and I ate a late lunch there. The two previous times we've eaten there have been wonderful. It took quite a while to get waited on although drinks were brought immediately. We ordered an appetizer, the Tulllamore Dew Cheese Torte, which was pretty good. There is a lunch menu which we ordered from, with one daughter ordering the half combo...picking two of three choices (cup of soup, small salad, half sandwich). I ordered the fish and chips with a side of slaw. My eldest ordered a burger with sweet potato fries. Now, when the food actually came, my youngest received a full sandwich and bowl of soup. I received one piece of fish and slaw, with no fries. The other order was correct. I finally pulled the waiter and asked him about the no fries...he said he thought I wanted to sub the slaw, so finally brought the fries. After lunch, I ordered two desserts to go....the Guinness Stout chocolate cake and the Bailey's crème brulee. First, the waiter brought them on plates and took them back when I reminded him it was to go. Then, when I checked the boxes he brought, one dessert was correct and the other was wrong yet again....cheesecake rather than the Guinness cake. He finally got it right for us. When paying (it was supposed to be split according to order), my youngest daughter's bill was for a whole sandwich and bowl of soup, so therefore about twice what it should have been had she been given what she ordered. My bill had my fish/chips, slaw, beer and two desserts on it, PLUS my daughter's sandwich (again!!), and some random French dip sandwich from another table! I don't know what was going on with our waiter, but he didn't have a clue and didn't seem to care. As good as the food was, I would think seriously about returning again based upon our latest experience!

Kansas
“Loved their cozy environment”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great service, great variety on the menu. Very good drinks too. Located in a wonderful side of town. Definitely a place to relax, while enjoying great food. Wonderful Reuben sandwich. Will come back for sure when I go back to Tulsa

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MaFKansas
“Great decor and Great food! Awesome service!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a popular place to go on cherry street area in Tulsa. If you go during a busy time - you will be waiting to get in. Once in - in all rooms - which are many - have a lot of antiques, decorations, and history to this Irish restaurant and pub. We tried twice to go - did not have time to wait 45 minutes the first time, but the second time - we got it without a wait (non-busy time slot).

Loved the atmosphere, fast and courteous wait staff, and very clean bathrooms. Our party of six had great food! Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013