“Boxty”

Kilkennys Irish Pub & Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Kilkennys Irish Pub & Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,318 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Houston, Texas
“Boxty”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Tried a boxty with a side of oyster bread stuffing. The boxty had beef and mushrooms. They were both very good. A boxty is a potato pancake with whatever filling you choose. I would have also liked to try the one with seafood inside. It makes a really good meal. This restaurant has alot of character. I wouldn't say I am a big eater of Irish food but I enjoyed this. Something different.

• Visited July 2013

“Lacking lunch”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

In town and heard this was great place. Since running errands near down town during day, decided to try it.

I sat at bar to check it out.
Ordered a guiness since at this pub.

While waiting two guys came and sat at end of bar. Waitress promptly got them drinks. And water...then brought my guiness.

When my fish and chips came the fish was almost burnt...ok it was burnt from what I am used to on the coast.

The fish was good despite the crust. And I was almost done when waitress brought my water.

I guess poor lunches vs. Dinners? Many Tulsa friends say it is great place so may have to try dinner.

Never doing a lunch there again tho.

• Visited July 2013
Oklahoma
“Excellent Irish Flavor- My new favorite!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This Irish restaurant left us craving more! Looking to try something different, we were more than pleasantly surprised. We tried traditional irish quisine- the Boxty menu items were the choice for us. The Craigue was TO DIE FOR. We also had the Chatsworth, which was a fabulous chicken Boxty. The dining experience reminded us of old-school restaurants we love in Chicago-very warm and irish! The evening sounds in the restaurant started off quiet, more muffled. The longer we hung around, the more of a louder crowd showed up. It was a great atmosphere. The waitress, however, did not do well juggling more than 2 tables. She could not hear us when we requested more drinks, or any additional needs. When she got her 10-top, we completely got pushed to the side. However, we will not let her curtail our newest crave for irish. We cannot wait to come back to Tulsa again...if only to eat here.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta USA
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Located off cherry street, seems very authentic to me. Free parking there, large indoor dining sections - more of a restaurant that a pub, just two TV's - but lots of draft beers - good menu and desserts, fair priced food, staff were friendly. I would recommend you venture out for a good pint of Irish Guinness!

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bangers and Mash!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Real Irish food- and ever so yummy! The menu is intimidating at first, pages and pages- then you see it , the golden section in the middle, a list of all the yuminess of Ireland. The fish and chips, rashers, potatoes, cornbeef and cabbage and shepherd's pie were well loved by the whole crew. They had plenty of local brews and the Irish classics. All around a nice dinner spot.

Visited June 2013