“loved it and miss it”

Kilkennys Irish Pub & Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Kilkennys Irish Pub & Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,350 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Kilkennys Irish Pub is a Nationally ranked full service restaurant and pub. Voted as one of the most Authentic Irish pubs in America. Large menu with Traditional Irish food and American cuisine. A full bar with the largest selection of Irish whiskey and Scotch in Oklahoma. Probably the best Guinness also ...
Reviewed April 29, 2012

There aren't many things I desperately miss from when I moved out of Tulsa two years ago but this is definitely one of them. The food was amazing and the service was always good.

3  Thank scottw8063

Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I visited Kilkenny's as part of our first date without kids since the birth of our then-3-month-old baby. We were shown to a charming little table near the kitchen, and I instantly fell in love with the decor. When I started looking over the menu, I felt like I was home. (No, I didn't grow up in Ireland; but I also didn't grow up in the South with all its fried foods.) I got the seafood boxty. It was sooo delicious but a good enough portion that I had to take some to-go. That said, when I was a little munchy late in the evening, I immediately went for the to-go box and happily polished it off!

Our waitress was very helpful and obviously loved her job. I've never before been to a restaurant where the wait staff made a point of telling us to take our time after we were done, but she did!

We returned a few weeks later with our three small children. They had some trouble with inside voices a few times, and a couple other patrons gave us funny looks. (The kids weren't running around or anything, just talking a little loudly.... ironic because one of the other patrons was a "good ol' boy" and was louder than the kids the entire time he was there!) The wait staff were still very helpful and pleasant. My boxty was a little soggy that time, but all our food was still over-all quite nice.

The prices here were rather higher than we usually spend, but I would love to bring out-of-town friends for a special occasion. All in all, Kilkenny's was a great experience for us!

3  Thank JoleneB1978
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Great food and atmosphere, and bar. You will have a great lunch, dinner, late night snack and drink or Sunday brunch. must try!!!!

3  Thank elilb
Reviewed April 27, 2012

As close as Tulsa can get to a real Irish bar. The food is comforting, the bar is well stocked and the atmosphere makes you feel right at home.

2  Thank JillW848
Reviewed April 22, 2012

First impression: Excellent, friendly hostess greeting us into a LOVELY atmosphere. LOVE the decor. Today we went here for the first time for brunch at MY suggestion. The waiter was SLOW, inexperienced (when we asked what he recommended he replied "I don't really like breakfast"). Orange Juice is saved in a full glass of ice... Is that ODD or IRISH? I'm nearly 100% Irish, and will go with ODD. My husband ordered the $10.99 Breakfast Boxty with his eggs over medium. Fresh eggs, nothing to write home about. Same for my 2 eggs over easy meal @ $6.49 with sausage. They hash browns were NOT fresh, and extremely boring. The real disappoint here however, BESIDES the incredibly SLOW waiter, was the biscuit and gravy we both had. The portion of gravy is TINY, which looked like a disappointment at first. Wrong, it was completely cold. (Who would want cold gravy?). We sent it back RELUCTANTLY (always a scare to send anything back to a kitchen, right?. But this is going to be a $30 brunch for two, and I'd really like... Brunch!). Where was our waiter, besides NOT checking on us? The afore mentioned sweet hostess took it back for us. She brought back, 10 minutes later, BOILING gravy, I kid you not. It was so watery, as I told the manager, it appeared the cook poured boiling water in it. She, (the manager) agreed it was not as it should have been and took away our plates (nearly FULL). EVENTUALLY, the waiter came and presented us with our check, which was HALF the expected price, thanks to the manager, we assume. Maybe some day, because of her, we will try it again, but NEVER for their tasteless, poorly presented so called brunch.

1  Thank CStraveling