“Best Barbeque - sauce so good you can buy it and bring home.”
Review of Elmer's Barbeque

Elmer's Barbeque
Ranked #278 of 1,336 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Fresh tasting, great prices, fast service, friendly service. Great choices on the menu a variety of options. Love the piano in the restaurant. The barbeque sauce is so good they bottle it so you can take some home. This restaurant has been in business a long time, so have perfected the quality and taste and service. Love the family, make yourself at home, known you forever atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Elmer's Barbeque

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was on a recent road/foodie trip and visiting a friend in Tulsa which I had never been to before. Considering that he was a local, I deferred to his knowledge to pick a good spot to go for dinner. His choice of Elmer's did not disappoint. You won't find fancy decor, but you will find some of the best BBQ in the midwest. I tried their signature item, the badwich. For $10.99, I got a huge sandwich with a rib, hot links, brisket, and smoked bologna along with 2 sides and Texas toast. I'm not normally a big eater, but I practically licked my plate clean, it was that good. Service was a bit on the slow side, but friendly. I wanted to take some of the sauce home with me, but was pretty sure the TSA would confiscate it so passed. Next time, I'll drive all the way from Tacoma to Tulsa so I can bring it back myself.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Sad to see one of Tulsa's BBQ places going so far downhill. They used to be one of my favorite BBQ spots when we moved to Tulsa 17 years ago. They've transitioned from average to poor over the last few years.

I just gave them another try with a friend who had never been there and had heard good things about Elmer's. The Ribs were tough and chewy - needed another two or three hours on the smoker and the sauce was average. My friend wasn't impressed with the chopped brisket or hot links included in his order.

Service was also pretty slow, I think they lost track of us after bringing iced tea and forgot that we hadn't ordered. They weren't very busy at lunchtime and were still pretty slow. The menu states that they don't do "fast food" but a good BBQ joint doesn't prepare your meal to order - it should be just a matter of plating up the meat and sides then getting it to the table.

1  Thank T-Town_Bill
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have eaten at them all and this may be the best. Their marquee item is the badwich, this sandwich has a bit of everything. I also like the fact that they have multiple sauces to tune your BBQ experience.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I go to Elmer's everytime i visit tulsa. everything on the menu is so good that i wish i can order all of them. Staff there is extremely friendly, and you can buy a bottle of the bbq sauce home too.