“Wonderful intimate restaurant in a piece of Tulsa history”
Review of Tavolo

Tavolo
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 1,315 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Award-winning Chef Justin Thompson brings a taste of Italy to Tulsa’s Deco District with Tavolo. Focused on handmade pastas and seasonal chef inspired dishes, Tavolo brings the authenticity of an urban Italian eatery you’d find in a big city. Enjoy a delicious lunch with daily $8 specials, or stop by for dinner with family and friends in our casual and cozy dining room or mezzanine. Don’t forget to take in the Art Deco architecture of the historic and beautiful Philtower building that Tavolo calls home. Adjacent to the restaurant, you’ll find our Italian Coffee Shop, Café Tavolo, featuring only the finest coffee beans by local roaster, Topeca Coffee. We pair our coffee with only the best, handmade pastries, scones, sausage rolls, muffins and other treats made by our talented pastry chef. In addition, we feature “grab and go” breakfast and lunch items, locally made gelato, bottled beverages and take home food to accent your next cocktail party or dinner at home. Join us for your next handmade Italian dining experience at Tavolo. Saluti!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Wonderful intimate restaurant in a piece of Tulsa history”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tavolo, just two blocks from my office, is unique and located in the beautiful historic Philtower Building, one of Tulsa's earliest skyscrapers, so it is my new "go to" spot to take clients. Everyone has loved it. I am working my way through the whole menu. I would be hard-pressed to say which salad I like most because all five of them are delicious and bountiful. Okay, I pick the Proscuito & Pear, but in an hour I might say the Fennel & Apple, and tomorrow Ouvo Fritto. The Ricotta Gnudi is probably my favorite pasta dish with the amazing carmelized onions and braised lamb with mint, but then the Cavatelli is the best I have had anywhere (including Italy). However, you MUST save room for the Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Limoncello gelato and Amaretto. After enjoying lunch, it was just perfect for three women of the firm to share. Perfection! Classic dishes in a Tulsa Classic, can't get much better than that!

• Visited August 2013

Tulsa
“Great Addition to the Downtown Scene”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Be sure and get a reservation! This small Italian restaurant is a treasure. It has a variety of offerings, and all a little different than you would find anywhere else. The salads are interesting and different. We split a flatbread pizza but I could have eaten the whole thing as the crust was beautifully thin. At dinner don't miss the scallops with sweet potatoes and sweetbreads.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A good restaurant in a beautiful, historic building in downtown”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I once lived in the Philtower Apartments so we were interested in seeing what had been done with what was once a vacant space. The space is well filled with a small, but good Italian restaurant. We arrived before the normal dinner rush, so were able to be seated at once without a reservation. The staff were all friendly and efficient, taking our drink and food orders in a timely manner. The wine arrived promptly, but the food took a little longer than I expected, but not an excessive time. It gave us time to enjoy the bread and olive oil with the wine. We shared a ravioli dish and a veal dish, which were both tasty and well presented. We were sufficiently filled that we passed on the dessert selections. We will return to sample other items on the menu. If you should go, take the time to wander into the Philtower Lobby and enjoy the stunning architecture in the 1927 Art-Deco building.

Tulsa
“Interesting...!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A rather new restaurant that has the makings of being really good. Very good looking space in older downtown building. Good looking upscale crowd having dinner. Table was ready upon our arrival as reserved.!!! Drink order was slow and had to send two drinks back that were not made well. Food order was taken a little slow but our server was nice. Seamed a little overwhelmed. Everyone generally enjoyed their meal. Not great but not bad. I will go back to try another dish and hope some small details make this the place I think it can be.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Finally real italian flavors in Tulsa!!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

As usual we were doing our evening ritual of "what's for dinner" which usually takes me through well travelled mental routes of midtown streets (Brookside, Cherry Street and a few other spots) trying to figure out what cuisine sounds good. So as I ran those routes last night and didn't feel particularly drawn to anything, I made a quick shift to Downtown....(we are becoming bigger fans of the whole scene down there the more things that are opening up). POP!!! idea surfaced, let's try Tavolo. I was prepared for a somewhat disjointed experience as I had been to Delk's for lunch and it just seemed as though
the layout of the space made it difficult to service....not at all the case with Tavolo!!!!
My husband had the Pan Seared Bonzini which is a mild sea bass that was so flavorful even I liked it and I'm not a fish person!
I had the small portion of Chicken & Foie Gras Pansotti which was beautifully presented...bread and olive oils for dipping were all that we needed o finish off the meal (of course a little Chardonnay always helps). I honestly was completely satiated even though my selection was listed in the Primi Pasta area of the menu...
we looked at other diners' choices and can vouch for simplistic and colorful presentation....the dessert menu looks very inviting but honestly could not have eaten another bite....will be going back soon...must try lunch...oh be sure to sit at the bar...our server at the bar described the dishes we were interested in with a wonderful italian accent!!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank debby g

Been to Tavolo? Share your experiences!