“Consistently Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stonehorse Cafe

Stonehorse Cafe
Ranked #54 of 1,301 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We eat out at least 2 times a week, so we've eaten our fair share of Tulsa food. Stonehorse is consistently at the top. The food is excellent - well prepared and always tasty. I appreciate the rotating menu - some items stay on the menu, but others are rotated in and out based on the season and week. I enjoy the truckstop meatloaf and the pecan crusted trout as well as the mussels. The meals are pricy but worth it.

• Visited May 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I visited the Stonehorse a few weekends ago on a date with my boyfriend. Everything about it was great. The hostesses weren't the most pleasant, but our waitress was friendly and attentive, and had good suggestions on menu items. It was pretty loud when we first arrived, but it tapered down a little as the night went on and bigger groups started to leave. We started with a mexican-style shrimp cocktail, which was I thought was excellent but which my date thought was just OK. The best part of the meal was the main course. I had the beef tenderloin which was topped with melted goat cheese-- definitely one of the top five steaks I've ever had. My boyfriend had the duck, which I also thought was excellent. To finish, we had the bread pudding which was just ok. I also had the winter-style sangria with my meal, which was very good also. It was a little different that other sangrias I've had and I thought it was a very nice change. Overall, would definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Perfect!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We love to sit at the bar and enjoy lunch. The afternoon staff serve an amazing lunch or dessert and Liz at the bar is a treasure. My experience here is always wonderful and would not miss the chance to enjoy a meal or snack here anytime.

• Visited March 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
“Once great restaurant slipping badly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stonehorse has always been loud and overpriced, but the food allowed one to overlook those things. Sadly, that is no longer true. We've eaten there since they were in Brookside, but our meals last week were our last.
My $35 Halibut was over-cooked; the bone-in pork chop was gristly and fatty; the two favors of homemade ice cream were tasteless and frozen solid. The Vegetarian Tomato Soup was good and the $10 per glass Sauvignon Blanc was excellent.
Service was borderline inattentive.
Of course, the Utica Square crowd put on their usual fashion show - so the evening wasn't a total loss.
Stonehorse's complacency makes one pine for the days Terry Turner had the space.

1 Thank LasloNimne
Tulsa
“Best Overall Experience In Quite Some Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I try to be objective and that usually means findings some nitpiks and quibbles. I just can't do it for my experience at this restaurant. It was my first time there so I didn't know what to expect. The wine selection was better than average and reasonable in price. My entre', a steak, was cooked to perfection. The "sides" were an experience themselves and in no way a second to the meat. I also had the hazelnut creme' brulee and it was exquisite. My waitress was upbeat, attentive and very helpful in her suggestions. The ambience is upscale without pretention.

I try to select restaurants I'll like but I'm not easy to please. I just couldn't find anything wrong. It is a little on the pricey side but the meal was worth the tab.

• Visited March 2013