“Great Place for Breakfast or Lunch”
Review of New Atlas Grill

New Atlas Grill
Ranked #72 of 1,336 Restaurants in Tulsa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The New Atlas Grill is located in the lobby of the Atlas Insurance building on Boston Avenue in downtown. We were staying at the Marriott Courtyard and the staff there recommended it highly.

What a gem! I think members of our party ate there at least once per day during the entirety of our stay (there were 6 of us staying upstairs in the hotel).

When I ate there for lunch I had the spinach & strawberry salad - very fresh and very tasty. I also had a side of tabolieuh (I spelled that wrong -but it was good).

The others in my party had a chicken wrap and a roast beef sandwich. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the service was A+.

My husband and I ate there again for breakfast the day of our departure. We both had the vegetarian burrito. A little too much tortilla wrap for me, but my husband thought it was fine. We also ordered it with the house made verde sauce for an extra $1. I recommend doing this (although I prefer a little more sauce than what was given).

Again, even though they were packed, the service was very friendly but it took longer to get our meals than at lunch time. No big deal as it was Sunday morning and every table was full (this should give you an idea of its' popularity).

Someone else told me that their house made granola is outstanding.

Definitely recommend a stop at the Atlas if you are in town! Great prices too!

There are newer reviews for New Atlas Grill

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The New Atlas Grill is a cool art deco looking cafe in the historic Atlas Insurance building in downtown Tulsa. It's walking distance from several nice hotels.

We had a fantastic breakfast there, but we haven't had the opportunity to eat lunch there. So, I can only tell you that the breakfast and the service we had were both exceptional.

I had the Eggs Benedict, which are only available on weekends. The Hollandaise sauce had a little dill, which was great. The eggs were poached to perfection. The morning potatoes were house made fried potatoes, but they were topped with a few deep fried onion strings and deep fried jalapeno slices, both had a very light batter. Wow were they good! The peppers were not real hot, so don't be afraid.

My wife had the french toast which came with a choice of fruit toppings (strawberries), peppered bacon and two eggs. A huge meal and it was all cooked and served perfectly.

The wait staff in this place gets it. And that's more rare than you think. Each person was smiling and they all seemed to take pride in making sure the customers have a fine dining experience, even if it's just breakfast. They all seemed to enjoy each other and their work.
They may not be this good all the time, but they certainly were for the hour or so that we were there on Sunday morning. Wish they worked for me.

If you are staying in downtown Tulsa, this is a sure bet if you are looking for a great breakfast.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I work downtown and have never been to, or known that Atlas Grill was even there in the Atlas Life building. Thankfully TripAdvisor has once again pointed to a place nearby where I can go for a quick and extremely tasty lunch downtown. There were three of us, and while there was a line to order the staff took our orders as quickly as possible. Although it was a Monday lunch, it was still very busy with dine-in orders as well as take-out orders. They were extremely friendly and an absolute joy to do business with. We ordered a burger, a beef stew in a sourdough bread bowl, a roast beef sandwich, two sodas and a fancy tea, and the bill was around $33. The beef stew as well as everything else I tried (off everyone’s plates) was fantastic. There was not a crumb left on any of our plates. The food, paired with the extremely polite service made this one of the best restaurants to eat downtown that won't break the wallet. My only issue was the seating was minimal, and while there was seating outside of the restaurant at the bottom of the building- that area was particularly chilly on this date. I would definitely head back to New Atlas Grill- I just wish that it was closer to my office than it is!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Very friendly and attentive service by the owner. Awesome breakfast (I had the High Protein Breakfast, which included black pepper bacon!) and good coffee. This place is in the street-level lobby of the Atlas Life Building in downtown Tulsa and is a great respite from your stay at the Courtyard.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Came down here for breakfast after overnighting in its namesake hotel. Best decision of the day. Great atmosphere of a classic art deco diner, wonderful service, and great doesn't even touch the food. They're house specialty of breakfast taters with fried onions and fried jalapenos is the best morning side I've ever eaten. Then there's the eggs benedict, "benny", Amazing. Just go, try it and tell me I'm a liar. Perfect.

1  Thank MoHog

Been to New Atlas Grill? Share your experiences!