“Excellent Lunch”
Review of Palace Cafe

Palace Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Palace Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 1,315 Restaurants in Tulsa
Transit: Please check Tulsa Transit bus schedules for more information
Oklahoma
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had a great lunch here after Tulsa Town Hall. We had a kale salad, salmon BLT and the daily chicken. Creative and thoughtful preparation, completely delicious.

• Visited September 2012

Austin, Texas
“We love the remodeled Palace Cafe”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We recently went back after their remodel. The restaurant looks beautiful. The food is wonderful. The menu is very diverse.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Excellent Concept - Fair to Poor Execution”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Atmosphere is fine - wine selection was nice - menu options seem extrodinary - however over all the flavors fell flat. We had the lobster corndogs (lobster flavor lost - and served with standard ketchup and mustard...lacking in my opinion) - salmon appetizer - this was exceptionally bad. The salmon was incredibly dry and the flavors did not complement each other. The burger was great and the scallop pasta was excellent. But overall - the group of 5 foodies were glad that we had lively conversation and a birthday to celebrate - because if we were focused soley on the food experience- we would have been disappointed with the evening. The staff was very courteous - if a little bland.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rachel W
James S, Owner at Palace Cafe, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Rachel,
Thank you for your candid comments & giving me 3 stars even though your experience was not to your satisfaction. I assure you that I take every review seriously. Thanks to you I will be taking a close look at the menu items you discussed and the average service you received.
Detailed reviews like yours help to make our restaurant better.
After reading your review, I can say that I agree with you about the lobster corndogs. I plan to revise the corndog recipe & place them on the bar menu only. I have nothing to say about the salmon sliders except, they were poorly prepared & I apologize.
Honestly, it is my goal with every guest, that you are completely satisfied with everything you order. I hope you can come by in the near future and give us another chance.
Chef James
Florida
“Fascinating menu choices”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

It was difficult to choose - everything looked fabulous and intriguing. The shrimp linguini, the pork tenderloin, and the chicken were all perfectly prepared, nicely seasoned and beautifully presented. Our server was helpful and attentive but not constantly hovering.
Now the desserts - save room because you'll want at least one.
We ordered four, with many spoons and found each and every one to be decadent, supremely good and difficult to choose a favorite.
The ambiance here is lovely - upscale without being stuffy, and relaxing.
Parking area is available behind the restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Celina, Texas
“Amazing Meal”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Took wife for our wedding anniversary. I mulled over several choices, and I'm so glad I chose Palace Cafe! Food was amazing, service was polished and professional, atmosphere was romantic and perfect. First of all, don't miss the bento appetizers. We ordered 6 for $15 and they were each perfectly executed. Next time we go I may just order 18 of those and call it a night!! Next, the grilled caesar salad was unique and very good. For our main course, the wife had lobster pasta (which also had shrimp, scallops and clams) in a light pesto sauce, and mixed in with arugula and wilted greens. It all worked very well together. I had the smoked pork loin with truffled mashed potatoes and broccolini, and it exceeded my expectations. Everything was VERY reasonably priced for a restaurant of this caliber. Can't wait to go back!!

• Visited June 2012