“Typical Chain - Terrible Service and Below Average Food”

Fish Daddy's Grill House
Ranked #9 of 1,357 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The mission at Fish Daddy's is to delivery a contemporary dining experience that is built on the "old school" way of preparing fresh food and serving guests with our all. Our salmon? We cut fresh North Atlantic salmon by hand. Our vegetables? We steam, saute and blanch fresh vegetables daily. Our Lemon Herb house dressing is made from scratch using only fresh herbs. Our soups? All are made from scratch daily. Our burgers? We use only the best- USDA prime beef on a toasted brioche bun. Our Key Lime Pie? We make graham cracker crust ourselves, squeeze fresh limes for the filling and then top it off with freshly whipped cream.
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Our family of 4 to 6 dines out maybe twice a month. We are very selective on where what restaurants we choose to patronize due to the fact that we don't eat out much. Over the last few years, we have chosen Fish Daddy's (71st and Highway 169) because my wife and kids have, until recently, liked their food and the service was good. Our most recent, and LAST, visit was a terrible experience....and that was a culmination of the last few visits in which the food and the service had been slowly declining.

When I, like most people, go to a restaurant, I expect a certain level of service, based on the value of the food and establishment. Fish Daddy's is a moderately priced restaurant and I expect that when I spend close to $100 for a family of four (with 2 kids), decent service. The servers we had acted like they were doing us a HUGE favor by serving us. When they brought out the appetizer, I had to ask for individual plates...I don't want to eat food that a kid has had their hands in and out of. The waitress acted like I asked her to dig a ditch or something horribly comparable! We had to ask for EVERYTHING! The side orders were wrong on all orders but one...and when we asked (again) to have it corrected, she said "I'll get those right out!" and we didn't see her again until she brought the check. The food was lukewarm at best...at that point, getting anything was an ordeal, I didn't even bother mentioning that. When we left, we tried to speak to the manager about it, but were told "He's really busy"...we asked if they had feedback forms and were told "Oh, sorry...we ran out"...we asked if there was a way to leave feedback on their website and were told "Oh, sorry...that feature hasn't been added yet" (whatever the hell that means).

If you want the typical chain type atmosphere, crappy lukewarm food, lousy service and high prices, then Fish Daddy's is the place for you! If you want a good meal and good service for your money, then stay away!

2  Thank TaylorFamily143

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Ate there 4 times while in town during summer. Went back as soon as we got back in town in November, because of the GREAT food. Got same waitress, she ask if we wanted our usual drinks (water with lime) and our usual food. The food is the best. Took friends this time and they agreed. The salads so fresh and crispy. Shrimp lightly breaded, not greasy either. Grilled food excellently prepared! Waitress was Cheyenne. Will certainly be back our next trip to Tulsa's Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We ate here on a Friday night. It was busy and were told to expect a 30-minute wait, but we were seated much sooner. The food was inexpensive and delicious. We ordered the seafood dip and the jalapeno hush puppies as appetizers; both were delicious. For entrees, we had the Daddy's combo where you can pick three from many choices. I had the salmon, grilled shrimp, and fried shrimp. All were great! We enjoyed this meal and walked away feeling like we got a bargain. Lots of food for little cash.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Always a good meal with good service. It's a nice change from traditional corp food.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I were somewhat hesitant to eat here. We were in town for a conference and not familiar with Tulsa and somewhat put off by the fact that this restaurant did not have a website. In a day and age where the corner hot dog stand has a website, that was concerning to us. To our pleasant surprise the food was superb! The best fried catfish that I have ever had -- light, crispy, not greasy and with a very delicate breading. My wife's stuffed shrimp was excellent as well as our crab dip. Our only regret is that we didn't save room for dessert. This is a true Tulsa gem! Oh yeah, and the prices aren't bad either!!

1  Thank Rider0