“Maybe not real French, but very good”
Review of French Hen

French Hen
Ranked #161 of 1,323 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 71st and Yale
Description: For over 30 years, the French Hen Bistro and Wine Bar has presented classic French cuisine, prime steaks and fresh seafood, with a wine list to match. Known not only for special occasions and casual nights out, the French Hen hosts business functions and parties in its private dining room. Look for the lighthouse at 71st and Yale.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Maybe not real French, but very good”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

An earlier reviewer said it isn't French because he is French, but, what is French? What is American food?
I went here in October with friends for a birthday dinner. I ordered off the specials and had wonderful food. I had a salad with walnuts, butternut squash, on arugula with a pear vinagrette. There was something else on it but I don't remember. For my entree, I had a mixed grill over red mashed potatoes. I had to take some home, but it was wonderful. We were too full for dessert, but I think we passed around the birthday boy's free chocolate thing. Our service was leisurely as should be, we didn't want to be rushed. This was the first time we had been there since the place changed hands.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Cozy and delicious”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went to the French Hen for my one year anniversary and was pleasantly surprised. The service was very good and the food was delicious. I was a little suspicious as to whether it would be worth it or not after reading some reviews, but I wanted to go somewhere that was really nice and not a chain restaurant. My experience was excellent though, they even gave us a free dessert after we told them it was our anniversary. I would definitely go back.

Tulsa,ok
“French Hell”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As a French native I do know French restaurants in the US are not always the top, but there is nothing worst than a "pretend" French restaurant. At that place the only thing French you'll find is the name, besides this, be ready for a huge disapointment going on with high unjustified prices. Service was as much as bland as the food, but polite. At the best you'll have mediocre amercian food prepared in a louzy way and served the same. I am wondering if they had any clue about what they are doing. Before it was not French, but sometimes eatable.

Kathy B, Owner at French Hen, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
"French Hell". The title of your comment implies you had some sort of horrific experience, but from reading your post, it appears you simply did not like your food. Perhaps it wasn't quite like you've eaten in France, but its hard to fault prime meats and fresh fish. We spend a lot of time researching, cooking and tasting and in the end, the patrons get what I put my name behind, and the results are worth it. We just finished the final touches on a menu addition - braised lamb shank with a red wine/bourbon reduction which is melt in your mouth good.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Surprised and pleased”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Although initial service a bit slow because of a large party in the function room (this was acknowledged by the waiter, a good sign) the overall experience was very good and quality of food superior. This was our first trip since new owners and we were quite pleased and will return.

Missouri
“Scrumptious food!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband ordered the sweetbreads, which were sliced thinly and served with a delicious cream sauce. He was in 7th heaven. I ordered the foie gras. My dish had too much overpowering liquid for the foie gras (to my taste), but it was still quite nice. I can't remember much more, except the experience was exceptional. Fairly pricey, but worth it.

• Visited August 2012

Been to French Hen? Share your experiences!