“We TRIED to go here. No one bothered to seat us.”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We arrived at 11:18 on a Saturday. They open at 11:00. We stood in the front, waiting on a hostess. There was no one there to seat us. We stood there for 7 minutes waiting just to be seated. There was a group of women toward the back of the restaurant with nametags. A few glanced our way a couple of times, but no one bothered to greet us.

We went next door to Cheesecake Factory and had a great lunch with great service.

If they care as little about their food as they do their service, I would never go here.

1  Thank stellakay

Reviewed March 8, 2012

We have gone to the Macaroni Grill for over 15 years but tonight is probably the last time. The menu has changed for the worse. Very sorry this has happened.

1  Thank L-B-Tulsa
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We arrived at 4:00, well before the dinner hour to a sparsely populated restaurant. They seated our party of five near a side exit (which we later discovered was the entrance for waitstaff coming to work for the 4-close shift). It was a cold and rainy day and we became uncomfortable with the continued opening of the side door. We told our waitress that we were cold and uncomfortable and she assured us that no one else would be coming through the door. After five or six more openings and being greeted by cold wind, we asked to be moved. She acted quite put out with us and it took her some time to decide where to move us. We finally were seated at a table for 8 which was much too big for our two adults and three kids. We had to ask for bread. We had to ask for olive oil and then we had to ask for the balsamic vinegar for our bread dipping sauce. We had to put in our drink order twice. The menu indicated that I could order my choice of salad (three choices); however, when I asked for a bibb and blue salad to go with my entree, I was told that the menu was wrong. I had to choose between two salads. The food was average quality. We had to ask for freshly grated parmesan and pepper which is usually provided by the waitstaff asking if you would like them. Each time I got about half way through my iced tea, the waitress would come and take it away replacing it with a new one with less ice. The entire experience was just very strange and I probably would not go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We haven't been to the Macaroni Grill in several years and decided to give it a try again. The warm bread with olive oil was fantastic! The bruschetta was wonderful. Dinner was OK and service was OK.

1  Thank travelinl8r
Reviewed October 8, 2011

What a disappointment. This used to be our favorite place to eat. Quality is now poor- menu is sparse, servings smaller, prices higher, and service slower. The last time we visited our appetizers arrived with our meal, the food was cold, and our bread never arrived. I'm sad to say we won't be back...