“Nice steak”

Dining options: Reservations
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice steak”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The steak I had was very nice and the service was good. The menu was a bit limited; the steak came with a choice of Bourbon sauce or mushrooms, I would have preferred both the mushrooms and the sauce.

Visited June 2013

“Embassy Suites Cattlemens is unpleasant”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a group of parents staying with our childrens' teams at the hotel. Decided after our last game (about 6:15PM) to just return to hotel and dine because everyone was beat f/ the long day. We waited at hotel bar 45 minutes to be seated at the empty restaurant- seated at 8:15PM. Made our orders being told the daily specials. I sat at a table of 12 and the orders all came separately - some ate while others continued to wait. The last entree served at 9:45PM. Orders were mixed/up and steaks not cooked correctly but eaten out of readiness to be gone. Vegi of the day - asparagus was tougher than the steak. In fact, other than the (mis-cooked) steaks, much of what was served was left on the plates as trash.

• Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Steak was good--everything else, including service, not so much”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Dined here on business with a colleague in January 2013

I had dined here on one prior occasion, a few years back, and remembered it as being good. That time I sat at the bar, and service was good.

This time, not so much. I was given a menu that had a photocopied page (the other menus were a leatherbacked board with a nice laminate insert page, apparently mine was lost, so they used a photocopy. That by itself, wasn't bad, the fact that it was waterstained, dirty and haggard was just offputting.

The hostess was very polite and friendly, seated us quickly, at a good table. Then we waited for over ten minutes to be greeted. Our waiter finally arrived, was very nice and polite, was friendly, we were starting to get back on track. He took our entire order at once (at our request) and salads came out fairly quickly. Our cocktails, not so much... The bartender finally brought them out to us saying she felt bad about how long they had been sitting there waiting on the waiter.

Salads arrived quickly, but not good. I had originally ordered the wedge, but the waiter came back to let me know they were out of the wedge. How a steakhouse run's out of a wedge is beyond me, but it's just another sign. So I switched to a spring mix with buffalo and tomato. Tomato was good, but the rest was either wilted or bland.

And just when I had just about written off dinner as hopeless the steak arrived. I had a Ribeye, it was cooked perfectly to order, was juicy, full of flavor, and saved the day. The only reason this review isn't a Terrible vs. the Average is that the steak was outstanding. Better than one I had at the Palm in Vegas two weeks prior. Lest you think you should suddenly race right out, just know, the baked potato that came with it was as tough as a boot.

Didn't want dessert, which was a good thing, as it wasn't offered, as he cleared our dinner plates, the waiter put the check on the table.

Which at that point, I was ok with, I just wanted out.

Long and Short--If you are staying at the Embassy Suites, and just want a steak, you'll be fine. If you want any sides, starters or service, prepare to be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DulceVida-TX
IL
“Some what disappointed”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were a little disappointed here. The staff was good and tried very hard to please. Some of the steaks were not cooked as ordered, over done. The baked potatoes were a little cold. The bread was good and warm and the salads were huge. I guess for the money we expected little better. I would give them another shot though but they are a little on the high side.

• Visited December 2012
Pickerington, Ohio
“Cattleman's Steakhouse...also Seafood”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

During a recent stay at the Embassy Suites, I had two dinners at the steakhouse, one was an entree, grilled salmon, and one was light, crab cakes. Both were excellent. The salads and hot bread were great. The staff was excellent and knowledgeable about the food that was available. The recent remodeling/updating of the restaurant and lobby areas greatly improved the atmosphere. Note - my servers stated that the menu was going to be changed in the near future.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Cattleman's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!