“Great Salso”

El Rancho Grande
Ranked #204 of 1,363 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went with my wife for lunch. Great Salsa. Otherwise, the meal was so-so. The waitress we had spoke little English. There was no Horchata. The tortillas were not homemade. The overall quality was fair to good but not outstanding.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I visited Tulsa for an "all class reunion" for the old Holy Family High School and decided to vist some restaurants that I enjoyed before I moved away on 1962 . . . Yes! 50 years ago. El Rancho Grande was one of my favorite restaurants when I was in high school and college.

To my surprise, it was still there. Same location and the exact same sign out front . . . . although I found that it had been "reconditioned" several years ago.

The inside has been completly redecorated . . . . . probably a number of times in the last 50 years but the friendly service and great food is still the same. It is still excellent.

If you enjoy Mexican food, this is a must visit. It's location on East 11th Street across from Hillside Hospital is easy to get to plus they have plenty of off-street parking.

Try it. You'll enjoy!

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Very greasy food. Must have a loyal following to stay in business this long. And, they have definitely been here a long time.

1  Thank pentiumii
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We were out looking for Mexican Food for lunch and were headed downtown but saw El Rancho Grande as we headed down 11th Street and decided to stop. We liked how the place looked from the outside and then saw TripAdvisor reviewers had given it a pretty good rating.

We really liked El Rancho Grande. We are both from Tulsa but had never been to El Rancho Grande before. My husband loves chili rellanos and their's is great. Long and skinny, not round and flat. I got grilled shrimp tacos and they were very tasty. Nice light portions, both entrees.

The decor was fun. The place is run by Mexican nationals. The docs and nurses from Hillcrest Medical Center, across the street, seem to like the place - a bunch of them were in there.

And some of the best margaritas we've had. See our photo.

We would go back.

1  Thank SeenAlot
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I recomend this Mexican restaurant. It has been in this spot for 50 years and it still tastes the same, very good. We always go back when we are in this part of town.

Been to El Rancho Grande? Share your experiences!