“Food was good, but service was...incredibly relaxed (and that's charitable)”
Review of Te-Kei's Chinese-Asian - CLOSED

Te-Kei's Chinese-Asian
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have visited Te-Kei's a number of times and have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere, but I think this will be our last visit for some time. Came in at 6:45pm on a Wednesday evening, and waited a good five minutes at the greeter's table for someone to acknowledge our existence. There was a large party in one of the back rooms, but tried to catch the eye of several other personnel who frankly didn't seem to be doing much of anything. And there were plenty of empty tables. The restaurant was not busy at all. In the mean time, four other parties had walked in behind us and were also waiting. So at this point, much to my party's chagrin, I called the restaurant, and asked them (pleasantly) to seat us. Which they did. But this was a sign of things to come. Our server was working the large party, so we saw him on average about once every 10 minutes or so. And everything about the service was "relaxed" and "leisurely", from taking our order, to the delivery of the appetizers, to the delivery of the entrees. The only thing that came promptly was the check. Let me emphasize, the restaurant was not busy with the exception of the large party in the back room. Now normally, I would attribute this to being severely understaffed, but that didn't appear to be the case, and one comment from our waiter, made me think that bad service is the issue. I asked nicely if our entree's would be out shortly (this is after 30 minutes of waiting, appetizers were eaten and long gone), and our server said, "Yeah, when it's done. <eye-roll>". And that's when I said, "Hello Trip Advisor!"
Food was delicious as always, freshly prepared. Just bad service. Which is a shame, as it is local.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Some of the freshest Asian food around. This locally owned restaurant puts peeee effffffff to shame. a must try if you're in the area and looking for asian food.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is locally owned restaurant that is definitely the same quality of Changs but without the high price tags and loud crazy atmosphere.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just came back from dinner at Te Kei's.. Normally we're very pleased. This time, only semi-pleased. My wife orderd chicken pad thai. Somehow we missed it, and the order arrived with chicken and shrip. It may have been on the menu that way, but unfortunately, my wife is allergic to shrimp. They were very professional and prompt about correcting that. I had the cashew chicken. It was a beautiful dish, but I found it to be a ltitle bland. A little siracha sauce fixed that.

For dessert we had the asian dinner mint. Brownie decked out with mint ice cream, whipped cream and hot fudge. It was the highpoint of the meal.

Our waitress was very good, and attentive. Unfortunately the thing with the shrimp put a bit of a damper on things. We;ve had excellent meals before, and we will come back. This apparently just wasn't our night.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is close to where I live and I eat here a lot. I believe, it was voted the best asian food restaurant in Tulsa. Good food and the service is good as well.