“Fun Experience”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The restaurant is older and is not a warming atmosphere. The staff is however very experienced and makes this a very entertaining experience. The food is good but not exceptional. The cost is rather on the high side. The chefs prepare the food in front of you with flames of fire and can work with knifes in an entertaining fashion. The restaurant is a good place to go out and just have fun with the family, a date or business entertainment.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I made a bad choice to bring 8 friends & family members to celebrate my dads birthday at Shoguns Steak House in Tulsa, Oklahoma. First they had our reservations wrong I made them for 8 people & they had 4 people even though I called to check them they day before & the day of because they have had issues in the past about not having them at all...how this happens I dont know. After that was worked out 45 minutes later we FINALLY had a table & were ordering our drinks. I told the waitress that it was my dads birthday & would like for them to sing Happy Birthday & take a group photo which was like $8.00 more which was fine. Everyone ordered & our chief came out who was BORING!!!! He didn't smile, didn't talk, didn't interact with my group at the table, didn't do a lot of the tricks they usually do....he forgot to give one of my guest their chicken breast, forgot to cook another one of my guest their veggies we had to ask for both to be done twice, had to ask to refill our sauce a couple times...it was like he was just in a hurry & wanted to be some where else. Took FOREVER to get drinks refilled....2 people sang Happy Birthday but they never came back to take our photo...the food portions were REALLY SMALL for the price of $20.00 & up per plate...called the manager the next day to advise him of what went on he was rude & had a "I don't care attitude". So I advised him MY FAMILY & FRIENDS WILL NEVER STEP FOOT BACK IN THE DOOR OF THE SHOUGUNS IN TULSA OKLAHOMA!!!! My friend & I eat that the one in OKLAHOMA CITY about once a month or two & have NEVER had bad food, service, or cheif...we LOVE IT there....SO...if you can skip the Tula location!!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

It was my husband and I's third wedding anniversary. We arrived at ShoGun at about 7pm on 10/31/11. My husband has a severe food allergy to onions so we always have to ask in advance what contains onions and what doesn't.

We asked the host to see a menu and also asked if everything could be prepared without onions, we were assured that this was possible. After about 10 minutes of waiting for a table we were seated at the communal type hibachi table with a group of other people. We also told the waiter that my husband was allergic to onions.

The meal basically came with soup, salad, fried or steamed rice as well as whatever main meal you order. When the soup was brought out we were told that he could not have it since it was made with onions. Okay, so he can't have the soup, not that big of a deal, even though we were initially told otherwise. When the salad was brought and he was told he couldn't have that either, we should have left right there but we didn't. It was not until the main dishes were brought out to be cooked that we were told ALL of their sauces have onions in them! So he was expected to pay 30 dollars for steamed rice and sauted beef with vegetables. I think not.

We then asked to speak to the manager who was very aloof and acted like we were a bother to him, he even rolled his eyes at me when I explained the problem to him! It wasn't like it was a busy night, if they had been busier I might be able to understand the lack of concern and apparent distraction.

At first the manager was going to charge us FULL PRICE for both meals until I reminded him that I had only had soup and salad. He started talking to the girl at the register and told us she would ring us up, then he walked off. I had eaten my soup and my salad, he had ordered a Sapporo (beer). The ticket we were presented with was for 22.50! They had charged us for two soups, two salads and the beer.

When we questioned the cashier about it, she gave us this prissy look and raised her eyebrows at us, then she said, "Well you order it, you pay for it."

Really, what an incredible waste of time and horrible service! It was nearly 8:30 when we finally left the restaurant and $20 poorer because of THEIR mistakes! I will never visit there again, nor would I ever suggest it to a friend. Steer clear of this low class, high priced trap.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

Shogun may not quite live up the the hype, but it's still a very cool experience. It's a bit expensive, but you get a lot of food for the money, so it's great for special occasions. Also, while the chefs and general atmosphere is one of entertainment, it's not so over-the-top that you can't have a conversation. The courses are timed very well, and the portions are perfect, so you are not starving by the time the entre is ready, but you are not stuffed already. And the desert is the perfect way to top the meal off and cool the heat and spice of the meal. The atmosphere is programatic but nifty, hostesses in kimonos, water features, all that jazz. The cheap flip flops somehow do not quite go with the kimonos, but why complain. Overall, you feel like you get what you pay for and leave full and happy.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

Yesterday we took our son to Shogun for his birthday dinner - was a bit apprehensive after reading a few of the reviews.

Regardless, we arrived one time and were seated pretty quickly (we had reservations - highly advised).

Our waitress was very pleasant and throughout the meal took good care of us and the other family seated at our "table".

Our chef was entertaining and fun to watch and prepared for us a splendid meal - steak was cooked just right - that wasn't over seasoned, over cooked, etc..

Been to Shogun Steak House? Share your experiences!