“Best BBQ in Tulsa”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Best BBQ in Tulsa”
Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

This place rocks...the meat was fresh and the sauce was Devine! Everything about this place is good especially the brisket and baked beans!

Claremore, Oklahoma
“Best Bar B Q in Tulsa”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

They are in an old gas station on Harvard. We have eaten at most of the barbeque places in Tulsa and this is our favorite. They trim the fat from the meat so you don't pay for something that you can't eat. Their ribs and pork are some of the best I have had anywhere. I don't care for their sides, but we usually get a slab of ribs, 1lb. of chopped beef and 1lb. of pork to go and then fix our own sides. This is the dry rub type of barbeque and some people like the sloppy sauce type barbeque so they may not like this style. We can't stand the sloppy style like many places serve so that is why we prefer this place. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food. We eat here at least once every other month. If you like this style of barbeque you will love Albert G's.

• Visited August 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Mood: BBQ”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

If you're in the mood for barbeque, Albert G's BBQ, housed in an old gas station, is an easy off I-44 at Harvard. You order at a counter on the left, pay at the same time, & then go into the large room next to it where they used to work on a couple of cars years ago. The soda stand & plastic ware is there & you can choose booth or table, whichtever you prefer, & music is in the background.

My half order of sliced brisket was available as soon as I got my Diet Dr. Pepper. No waiting here! Accompanying the order were 2 sides of my choice, in this instance the potato salad & cole slaw, good-sized portions & very tasty, with of course the obligatory white bread. On the table are 2 sauces. The one with the red top is hot, the other sweet. I stuck with the sweet. Even the half order gave me a huge portion to take back to the motel for later - always nice. My major complaint was the meat was virtually cold. There are no smells of cooking meat in the air. I guess I like my barbeque joints to be a little more down & dirty with a sizzling charred crust on top. This is very sanitized.
It was a tasty meal for under $11.

• Visited August 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“The best of a so-so lot”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Tulsa has not been blessed with very many really good barbeque joints. None that I'd call execellent. Albert G's is the best of the bunch. I always judge barbeque by the ribs and these are good - good enough to stand alone if you're a purist and don't want any sauce getting between you and the smokey flavor. Good flavor, good texture, good portion size. The sauce is OK, as are the sides (try the tabouli - unusual for a barbeque joint, but it works.) The sandwiches are a real bargain and the meals are reasonably priced. Since barbeque is supposed to taste best in humble surroundings, this fills the bill. It's clean and the service is good.

• Visited May 2011
Tulsa, OK
“Best BBQ in Tulsa!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Firstly, chopped brisket has no fat at all. Owner frequently watches employees slice to ensure it meets his standards. Ribs are thick and sauce is exceptional. I usually get a potato salad as both sides, didnt care for baked beans or their slaw. All else is above par! 28th and Harvard.