“Really Disappointed”

Mahogany Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,315 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E 68th Street S
“Really Disappointed”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I went to this Steakhouse with very high expectations but to leave really disappointed. Steak & Lobster dinner for 2 was $191.00, lobster was over cooked and hard, steak was tender but no flavor.

• Visited September 2012

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Best Steak in the Midwest, Pompous Wait staff”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Based on the quality of the steaks I would rank this restaurant better than Del Friscos, Bobs Chop House or some to the other well known Texas steak houses. Bone in filet will melt in your mouth and the ribeye is also quite tasty. I have eaten here over a half dozen times and will go back when I feel I am ready to put up with the arrogant staff. First of all everytime someone orders a drink I don't need someone reeling off a list of all the top shelf brands, a person ordering a vodka tonic really doesn't care. I don't need anyone telling me the definition of prime meat and how the meat is aged, most people I know don't want to be reminded they are eating Elsie. Like most steak houses they will cook to the rare side and I don't need someone constantly repeating the definition of rare, medium rare, medium and so on every time someone orders. The presentation made when the entree's are delivered is ridiculous. All conversation must cease while the plates are delivered, flash lights are drawn and everyone is ordered to cut into their steak. Give me a break. The deserts are very good especially the creme brulee. The wine list is well thought out, extensive and quite nice and would be pleasing if it weren't for the servers. They think they are a sommelier's, but are just repeating what they heard form some wine wholesaler. . I found the prices to be reasonable for the quality of product. If you want a great steak this is the place to go. Just take a chill pill before you go so you can ignore the staff.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Bob M
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Perhaps my favorite steak house on the planet”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Let's just say it Mahogany ain't cheap . . . but you get what you pay for! The steak is cooked in ovens that heat up to nearly 1,000 degrees. The flavor is locked in. Obviously they pick only the finest meat, and it melts in your mouth. My mouth is watering a little just thinking about this place.

The sides are ample and delicious as well, but the main show is the meat.

If you are a serious steak lover and in Tulsa, you MUST go to Mahogany. It will quickly become that place you always tell your friends about.

Ft. Smith
“OMG! A bone in filet?”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Went to Mahogany Prime on August 18, 2012. What a fine dining experience. Made a reservation on line for 7:45. We were seated at a wonderful quiet table at 7:50. Nice atmosphere and decor.

Our primary waiter was Erma, and she did an outstanding job.

We started with an order of crab cakes and they were great. Yes, I would order them again.

I had the classic wedge salad and my wife had the spinach salad. Fresh baked bread was served with the salads. We probably should have split a salad, because neither of us could finish our salads. Both were very fresh and flavorful.

My wife had the small filet and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try the bone in filet. Pay attention here, I own a restaurant. I eat out a lot. I've had many great steak dinners over my 56 years. The bone in filet I was served was probably the best steak I've ever eaten. I can't remember a better steak. It was cooked to a perfect medium rare. I didn't ask how large it was when I ordered, but it was huge.

We both had baked potatoes, and again, we probably should have shared one.

We shared a cerme brule for dessert and a chocolate martini. Both were top notch all the way.

This is an expensive place to eat, make no mistake. But, it's an outstanding classic steakhouse in every regard. The food quality and service were both 5 star.

We used to go to the "other" fine dining steakhouse in Tulsa for special dinners, but that just changed. We are now Mahogany customers. This meal and service were head and shoulders higher quality than the "other" place the last time we ate there.

I can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2012
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Good restaurant.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Not great, but really good. Not good enough to visit again, unless they get a location closer to my home. It is worth dropping in if you're driving by the, however. Average restaurant, average food, although the steaks are really the drawing point, average prices. If you like the majority of steak houses in the Tulsa metro area you will really like this one. Get a location in South Tulsa or Broken Arrow, and I'll stop in more frequently.