“Down the DRAIN!”

Abuelo’s
Ranked #58 of 1,303 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Abuelo's invites you to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining homemade cooking with rich flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Down the DRAIN!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

3/27/14: Wow. This place has gone down the tubes.
went in at 1:18 pm. Food was NOT good, cooked under a heatlamp WAY too long..refries & rice were CRUNCHY! Fish tacos were not fresh at all, BEWARE! Mgr woman, who did not identify herself & who we did not request, came to our table and was rude, condescending & patronizing. She said "I'm sorry you didn't like it," then when We attempted to tell her just what was wrong, she ACTUALLY SAID, emphatically: "For the LAST TIME, I apologize." ACTUALLY, it was her FIRST 'apology.' The first comment was made in the vein that it must be our fault that we just didn't 'like' the food. I looked at my boyfriend & asked, "Did she really just say that?" He was so disgusted with her attitude that it changed the dining experience from just another underpar food service to a completely UNACCEPTABLE 'management' interaction/assault on our 'good taste,' earning her a report to the corporate office via phone PLUS in WRITING to be sure that they are aware of her representation of their company.
Not that we'll EVER set foot in that place again, after YEARS of decent meals & service(out waitress was GREAT, BTW).
Way to go, you HORRID broad. You just RUINED that restraunt's reputation. No more company parties for you, W o w.

• Visited March 2014

TULSA
“Valentines Friday Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Wife and I decided to go back here after it was where we went 11 years ago for our 1st date. Food was excellent. Waiter gave us great recommendations. Can't say anything bad about the lace. All thumbs up!!!

• Visited February 2014
San Angelo, Texas
“Staff is very friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The fajitas were what I would expect from a place like Chilis. They were average. The staff was very friendly. If I ever go back I will try something else.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Abuelo's three or four times now and always had a good meal. It's a little pricy which is the reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 but I would definitely return.

Visited February 2014
Ozark, Arkansas
“Chips & Salsa Are Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have eaten at Abuelos in Tulsa & in Rogers, AR several times. I love the chips & green salsa & would come to eat these ala carte if they did not have any other menu offerings. The entree items that I have tried were good also.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Abuelo’s? Share your experiences!