“Good food”

Abuelo’s
Ranked #59 of 1,323 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Abuelo's invites you to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining homemade cooking with rich flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine
Dacula, Georgia
“Good food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Always enjoy dinner at Abuelo's while in Tulsa. Had the filet and shrimp meal with a few Pacificos. Just good food and nice place to eat. Will definitely visit again.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“At least the waitress was good”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've only eaten catered food from Abuelo's and always thought it was pretty good, so I knew something about their food before I went.

The decor was moderately upscale, but the food was average overall. I ordered the beef enchilada's and while they weren't bad, there was no 'wow, I need to come here more often!' factor.

What was well above average, was our waitress (sorry, I'm terrible with names). She was pretty and had a very outgoing personality. I felt she did an excellent job taking care of all of us (there were six in our party).

To summarize, I'm not saying I would never go there again (unlike Speedy Gonzalez), but it's not my first choice.

1 Thank John C
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
“Consistantly good.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I eat hear a couple of times a month. The food always good and staff is proffesional. They have trio of salsas with their chips ( free) that makes them the best in Tulsa.

Tulsa
“Excellent Tex Mex”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A group of folks from work headed to Abuelo's for lunch. Lots of good choices on the lunch menu. Items running from about $7.50 to $11. I had the fajita tacos with refried beans and their papas (cheesy mashed potatoes)

I must say that both the refried beans and papas were excellent on their own. Most places I've been to the refried beans are pretty bland. These were well seasoned, and really stood out. the fajita tacos had cheese lettuce and tomatoes and guacamole and sour cream on the side. So good they just kinda disappeared.

With their chips they serve a mild salsa, a hot salsa, and a green tomatillo/pineapple sauce. The mild was flavorful, and not hot at all. The hot one had smokey chipotle in it I think and was excellent. Don't pass up trying the tomatillo/pineapple sauce though. it's sweet and very good. It was a surprise hit at the table.

someone at the table bought the desert nachos. Imagine chips with a cinamony sopapila taste convered with ice cream, whipped cream and caramel and chocolate sauce. Wonderful!

Service was very attentive, and the food came out quickly. A darned good lunch experience overall.

1 Thank BobSnowedn
Denver, Colorado
“Upper end Mexican food”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I know that everyone has different taste in Mexican food and the people I was having lunch with love Abuelo's. I have to agree that their chips and salsas are very good. They bring out three different salsas. I broke my normal pattern and instead of ordering a burrito, I ordered nachos. While the nachos weren't bad, they weren't what I was expecting. Chips piled high with lots of cheese and meat on them. Based on the nachos I would rate them average to poor. But, everyone else loved their food so I will say they are very good.