“Consistantly good.”

Abuelo’s
Ranked #58 of 1,351 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Abuelo's invites you to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining homemade cooking with rich flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I eat hear a couple of times a month. The food always good and staff is proffesional. They have trio of salsas with their chips ( free) that makes them the best in Tulsa.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

A group of folks from work headed to Abuelo's for lunch. Lots of good choices on the lunch menu. Items running from about $7.50 to $11. I had the fajita tacos with refried beans and their papas (cheesy mashed potatoes)

I must say that both the refried beans and papas were excellent on their own. Most places I've been to the refried beans are pretty bland. These were well seasoned, and really stood out. the fajita tacos had cheese lettuce and tomatoes and guacamole and sour cream on the side. So good they just kinda disappeared.

With their chips they serve a mild salsa, a hot salsa, and a green tomatillo/pineapple sauce. The mild was flavorful, and not hot at all. The hot one had smokey chipotle in it I think and was excellent. Don't pass up trying the tomatillo/pineapple sauce though. it's sweet and very good. It was a surprise hit at the table.

someone at the table bought the desert nachos. Imagine chips with a cinamony sopapila taste convered with ice cream, whipped cream and caramel and chocolate sauce. Wonderful!

Service was very attentive, and the food came out quickly. A darned good lunch experience overall.

1  Thank BobSnowedn
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I know that everyone has different taste in Mexican food and the people I was having lunch with love Abuelo's. I have to agree that their chips and salsas are very good. They bring out three different salsas. I broke my normal pattern and instead of ordering a burrito, I ordered nachos. While the nachos weren't bad, they weren't what I was expecting. Chips piled high with lots of cheese and meat on them. Based on the nachos I would rate them average to poor. But, everyone else loved their food so I will say they are very good.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have eaten at the Abuelo's in Rogersville AR and are accustomed to good food and service there. This Abuelo's was the same, despite the large number of people wanting food. It is different from any of the other Mexican restaurants and chains where we've eaten and is a cut above the average of most of them. Prices are not outlandish, despite the great building and service.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great queso, they also have really good cheese enchilada's. Staff is usally good, but everyone has there good and bad days.