“Outstanding service. Excellent food.”
Review of Abuelo’s

Abuelo’s
Ranked #48 of 1,343 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Abuelo's invites you to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining homemade cooking with rich flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine
Reviewed December 22, 2012

On a very busy Friday night, we (a party of 10) went to Abuelo's at a peak time. We had to wait about 20 minutes (seating was comfortable and the bar was nearby) and then proceeded to our table. Our waitress (Adelina) was there immediately and made us feel that we were her only customers. When one of our group asked for something not on the menu, she replied that she could get the item for us and everyone was immensely pleased with their dinner. I had the pescado guerrero which was delicious and there were absolutely no complaints from anyone.
We have been to Abuelo's in Wichita and Kansas City and have always had an enjoyable meal.
We will be back next year in Tulsa to enjoy Abuelo's again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's that it's pricey and the service isn't always spot on. They say that they make everything from scratch, and I'm sure they do, but the flavors seem a bit muted and the consistency from visit to visit is not good. There are better local options for consistent scratch made tex-mex and authentic mexican cuisine.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Normally when I eat at Abuelo's, it is due to my work group at work planning to eat there. The place is certainly attractive and clean, but the food is just not that spectacular. I know that I am bucking the reviews of many others, but that is my honest opinion. The service by our waiter was good, although server delivering some of the food accidentally poured queso all over a coworker's jacket. As for lunch, we had queso and chips as an appetizer which tasted fine. I ordered the two enchilada meal with cilantro lime rice and refried beans. The food arrived fairly quick, but I was disappointed by the small diameter of the exchiladas - approximately 1.25" in diameter. Especially considering the menu price of $8.99 (without tax or drink), the amount of food is substantially less than most any other Mexican restaurant in the area. Regarding the taste of the food - rice was very bland - refried beans were fine - and the enchiladas were masked with a lot of pepper to cover the blandness. A Banquet Mexican enchilada dinner provides better taste than the enchiladas that I received (one chicken, one shredded beef). This isn't the first time that I have eaten here and I always come away with almost a cheated feeling. I think that people go to Abuela's as it is trendy. You can eat cheaper and get more and better food at most other places.

1  Thank AlphaRam
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband took me here for my birthday. Overall had a great time. Food was great and arrived to our table in a timely manner. We did go about 8:30 in the evening and it was not very busy. The only bad thing is we were offered a free desert for my birthday then waitress charged us and acted like oh well. She did not try to fix the mistake. Will go back maybe.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our family eats here quite often and we are always pleased with the consistency of the food and good service.We each have our favorites and are never disappointed in the quality and quantity of our entrees.They have several salsas and can provide really hot to very mild depending on your preference and you always have your own dish and don't have to share.Some of our favorites are Los Mejores De La Casa, The Monterrey,the Papas con Chile and the Espinaca Casserole.If you like flan, theirs is delicious and they make a wonderful chocolate flan that is not on the menu, but is made in small batches.Ask your server when you first order if they have any and they will put one aside for you !!

Been to Abuelo’s? Share your experiences!