“Neighborhood eats”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having eaten here a few times the service is invariably cordial. The food is pretty good; it's more a home cooking style than flashy texmex. It's difficult to find mexican food here with authentic chili verde y chile con carni sauce to cover the dishes. To me Denver's the place for Mexican food. The ambiance is very a interesting locals style and yet comfortable for outsiders. I enjoy the place and recommend the experience.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We ate here on a Friday evening around 5PM based on all the glowing reviews. I have to agree with one of the other reviews about the salsa and the plate soaked with it. This has to be the worst salsa I have ever had. Ketchup with added vinager and no spices. My wife wanted beef fajitas, but they did not have them on the menu, huh? A mexican place that does not serve fajitas? The server suggested the Bistec Ranchero. It was suppose to be thinly sliced sirloin steak, sauteed onions, bell peppers, jalapenoes & tomatoes. The meat was so tuff you could not cheew it. It was mostly jalapenoe peppers drowned in the nasty salsa that ran all over the rice and beans on the plate. Neither of us could eat it. I had the Camarones Rancheros and it had the same sauce and jalapenos on it, but not quite as much sauce so we could eat most of it. I hate to give bad reviews, but I would not recommend this place and we will not be back.

1  Thank Steve74017
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner with friends. First visit for my husband and me. Food was very good. Salsa is more like sauce and the wet burrito is wonderful! $5. Wow! Very authentic! Location is a little odd, but felt very safe!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Based on the great reviews, I drove to check this place out. I had great service, but the food was so so. The salsa was homemade but very disappointing. It was not spicy and was very liquified. I also had the wet burrito which, according to the menu, is what they were put on the map for. It was alright maybe would've even kept this review a 4, but a Mexican restaurant with sub par salsa is a shame, not to mention the taco shells and meat were bland.

1  Thank maz884
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is cool. It's small,out of the way, and awesome! The servers are lovely Mexican gals and they have it down. Everything I have every had there has been amazing. My fav..... Huevos rancheros.