“Not impressed”

Add it.
Thai-siam Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 20, 2009

We have heard many good things about Thai-Siam from friends, so this may have been a rare off night at the restaurant. We were seated promptly but after that the service went down hill fast. Our server took our drink orders and disappeared for a while. He finally took our appetizer and entree orders with a promise to return with the drinks. We still had no silverware or plates when the appetizer was brought to our table. The server brought two plates for a party of four. I went to the front of the restaurant and asked for silverware and two more plates and was assured that he would bring them. Several more minutes went by and then we saw our server walking around with utensils and plates looking very confused. He tried giving them away to people who didn't need them. My husband got up and went over to the server and told him that we needed silverware so the guy brought us the one set of utensils that he had left in his hand. We did eventually get our food and necessary plates and utensils.
My son ordered the spicy seafood salad, which actually looked very appetizing. The mussels were large and the shrimp were good size. The problem was that the calamari had been so overcooked that they were basically rubber.
My husband's shrimp fried rice was very bland and my daughter's Pad Thai was adequate. I ordered Pad Cashew with shrimp. This came with rice and a lot of broth. The broth was good and the shrimp were OK, but the mushrooms obviously came from a can. I'm not a food snob, but when I eat out I expect the food to be fresh, not from a can.
Finally when it was time for the check, we remained seated waiting for the check to come for about 15 minutes. The table close to us received their check on one of those little plastic trays and received fortune cookies for their party. Finally the server told us to pay at the cashier. When we tried to pay, the cashier could not find the price for the seafood salad on the menu. I eventually found it for him and we left. Our tab for two adults and two kids was $63.00. I doubt that we will eat at Thai Siam in the future.

Reviewed December 13, 2008

This place has the best thai food in town.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 17, 2008

When I'm not feeling well or when I'm feeling great, their chicken noodle soup is the absolute best!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 27, 2008

Quaint little place in a strip mall looking area, but soooo chill! Great food to appease your palatte if what you want is Chinese food or the equivalent.

1  Thank VanessaGrannis829
Tahlequah, OK
Reviewed February 18, 2008

I love Thai Siam! They have a delicious noodle dish called "Mee Siam" and I haven't found anything similar anywhere! This was our first taste of Thai food, and made us real Thai food lovers.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook