“Lunch, different?”
Review of Bodean Seafood

Bodean Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bodean Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,323 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard Ave
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Lunch, different?”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I took two friends to lunch on Wedsday for their birthdays. We got there at 11:30, and the place was pretty empty. I should learn that if you chat and don't have your items picked out when the waiter comes the first time, he won't come back for at least ten minutes or more. Yes, that happened. When he finally came back, we placed our orders;gumbo and a house salad,crab and mushroom filled ravioli with a lemon cream sauce, and s seared scallop pasta primavera. The salad came first to the friends who was having it. They gave her ample time to eat it as it was big and very fresh and beautiful looking. Her blue cheese dressing was on the side as she requested, with cheese crumbles on the side too, to top the salad off. My other friend and I ate the bread that was served while she chomped on the salad. After the salad was cleared, it seemed to take forever before the rest of the meal was served. When our meal was served, everything was properly hot. The gumbo was reported to be spicy, but gumbo should be, but that is coming from an 81 year old.
My ravioli could have been stuffed with anything, the cream sauce with lemon was so over powering I couldn't taste the crab or the mushrooms. All I could taste was lemon, and the pasta was swimming in the sauce. I only saw a bit of crab coming out of one ravioli when I cut into it and never saw a mushroom. I don't recommend ordering this. Now, the scallop past primavera was a winner. The bowl was heaping with fresh veggies covering a mound of perfectly cooked pasta and large seared sea scallops topping it off and sauced with just the right amount of a creamy white sauce. Half of it went home with my friend and that would be what I would recommend to order. I think their menu changes often for lunch and dinner, but if you see this, get it. The house salad looked lovely and you can add shrimp or chicken for extra bucks. I would plan for a leisurely lunch, we didn't get out of there until 1:15.

• Visited May 2013

Tulsa, OK
“Seafood Variety”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Never disappointed in the service or the quality of the seafood at this establishment and the seafood market next door carries a great selection of fresh fish.

Visited February 2013
Hutchinson Island, Florida
“Elegant atmosphere and Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Bodeans is our first choice for a romantic, delicious, unhurried dining experience. The "Market Fresh fish choices" are flown in daily - outstanding quiet service - we never feel rushed and always are happy we chose Bodeans.

Visited March 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Freshest Fish in Tulsa”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

They own the seafood market next door and fly in fish daily. Once the fish is here, the cooks do an excellent job with the preparation. Bodean's menu reflects a fair cross-section of cooking styles which should satisfy just about everyone. This was my fourth trip and I enjoyed the Tuna Tartare appetizer and the Seared Scallops with Red Curry Sauce. A bottle of reasonably priced Camus Conundrum kept my palate fresh.

• Visited February 2013
Tulsa
“In Tulsa, don't miss it for Fresh Fish”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In Tulsa, when you crave a superb meal try Bodean Seafood. The fish is flown in twice per day from both coasts. Our evening started with a delicate wine sauce for a generous portion of mussels. Then we split a taste seared scallops on spinach salad topped with Guyure dressing.
Our meals were expertly prepared Halibut and Sea Bass with scrumptous preparations to compliment each fish selection. Don't miss it.

• Visited February 2013