“Good Customer Service”

Ranked #85 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've stayed at the Clarion before due to flight cancelations and decided to give it a try on a multi day trip to Tulsa. The Front Desk team welcomed me and ensured that my room met my needs, Jason (front desk manager) was very helpful. As a constant traveler, one of the main items that I alway look at is the bed and the linen. This Clarion surprised me by having sleep number beds and very nice linen. I got a good nights rest

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
McAlester, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We didn't notice any of the deficiencies noted by other reviewers. The room was clean and bug-free. The AC was a bit loud, but I like that when I sleep, so I don't hear external sounds. It was also plenty cool in the room on a 90+ degree day outside. The building is a bit confusing to get around in, but that was not a real problem.

We checked in at 2:00 am because of some delays at the airport. We had no overnight bag, so the night manager gave us some toothbrushes and toothpaste. She was very friendly and helpful, as were all the staff we met. Cost was not bad, and if this had not been spur-of-the-moment, I may have gotten a better rate.

The included breakfast was GREAT. One of the best U.S. hotel breakfasts I've seen. Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, dry cereal, about 5 kinds of juice, breads, etc., etc.

I would definitely stay here again for airport-related business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is decent but I wouldn't call it a 3 star. The rooms are old and worn and the AC does not work properly. This is Oklahoma in the summer...proper AC is a must if you want return visitors. The pool was dirty. After a very uncomfortable night (no solution from front desk about the AC, just told several calls about it) we were very pleasantly surprised by the amazing breakfast. Bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits gravy, fruit, variety of juice/milk, and coffee. Yolanda, our server, was so nice and chef Vanessa did an amazing job. Because of them we would consider staying here again...in cooler months so the AC isn't a problem. :/

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for the great comments about our Cheff. Since this is an online review i am not sure what room you stayed in to ensure the AC is working properly. I know that we have 3 days over 100 degrees. Just after a power outage on the city grid. We were having issues for the AC's to catch back up after being down for 8 hours. I appologize for the AC issue and hope that we will be more to your liking on your next trip to Tulsa.

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is horrible. A/C doesn't stay cool. The room was dirty, cockroaches, beds had stains on them and we called front desk andshe she said they was booked so ccouldn't move us. Funny how they were booked but the parking lot wasn't even fool.

• Stayed July 2013
ManagerHGI, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I am very sorry about the AC problem. Earlier that day the city grid that covers our hotel caught fire. By the time it was back up the rooms had gotten very hot and the units do take time to catch up. I appologize. As an airport hotel we can be full with very few cars in the lot. Many people chose to stay here so they can return a rental car then stay with us ad then we take them to the airport in our free shuttle. Again we will look at your comments and share them with the staff and use them to improve our service in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I can deal with the loud planes from the airport, but facilities that are not clean and require me to kill bugs upon my arrival - unacceptable. I will not stay here again and I would advise against considering this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your comments. We are having a problem with water bugs and Crickets in Tulsa right now and Our Pest elimination company is changeing up the formula all over town to deal with these. I am sorry about the mess this may have caused. We do appreciate you as a guest and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in town.
lawrence
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked this hotel from a travel website which I had only used once before with decent luck. I got a great deal on this hotel. But the room was a little disappointing considering it was a three star. The carpet was a little worn, the grout around the tub was dirty looking, the bathroom was itty bitty, and the room was small. The A/C unit was pretty loud, but my husband slept through it. The clerk who checked us in was very nice, we did have a king size bed (although the select number didn't work on one side), we had free internet and the hot breakfast in the morning was pretty good, with a varied selection of items.
Would I stay here again - probably with the discounted rate I found online. Would I have paid full price or a higher price - no, it would have felt like a rip off.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LawrenceJhawk1
Thank you for the comments about your stay with us. I am happy you found the staff enjoyable and will look into the other comments. I hope you have safe travels and will come back on your next trip to Tulsa OK.
Tulsa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel is not new. Proceeding from reception to your room may require a wing-to-wing hike. But the staff is friendly, the rooms are ok (quiet, clean, mattress firm, no surcharge for Wi-Fi), and proximity to the airport couldn't be better. If you’re internet savvy you should be able to book at a fire-sale rate. This 3-star offers good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We try to offer a great location and very friendly staff. We are looking forward to doing a great renovation this next year to update our hotel. We are happy that you stayed with us and look forward to seeing you next time you travel to Tulsa Oklahoma.