“Cool place! ”

Aloft Tulsa Downtown
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Very modern feel with comfortable beds. If IKEA made hotels this would be it. More dining options would be appreciated. The bar was hip..but the staff needed work. There was some sort of internal conflict and we waited forever to be waited on. We were charged for drinks we didn't order.

Also the sign for the hotel blends in with its surrounding and it's a bit hard to find, especially with all the road closings and construction.

Also we saw on the website there were areas in the room to charge mobile devices. I'm glad I brought my cords because we couldn't find anything to charge them.

It's very convenient for concerts at the BOK. Overall, I'd stay again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Good: room was nice, modern layout, large tv with great channel selection. Perfect if you are attending an event at the BOK center.

Bad: heater / AC was not functioning. No place to eat in the neighborhood. Garage level entrance was filthy and left a very poor first impression. Starwood platinum status went unrecognized at check in.

I'll return only if I am attending an event at BOK, there are nicer locations in Tulsa.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BrentwoodBear
Reviewed October 28, 2013

i agree with other reviewers who felt the rooms were modern with good beds. not such great pillows. i did hear everything. i was awakened both nights of my stay at 2am with big noise from above and down the hall. sigh.

i left a wake-up call to catch my departing flight. the hotel operator even repeated my information but NEVER got the 6:30am call. i was told the operator NEVER logged me into the system. i signed up for the free airport shuttle, but the desk person wrote my name on the wrong sheet, so there was NO RECORD of me, and the desk clerk had to call the driver who was on the road.
the complimentary morning coffee had a 1/2" of grounds in the cup.

i hope they figure out the kinks, because the location is great, and they spent some money to make this a nice place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank honeylazar4
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear HoneyLazar4,
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at the Aloft Tulsa Downtown. I understand your frustrations completely, and I appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We certainly value our guest's feedback, so thank you for taking the time to let us know the areas that we can improve upon. Again, I want to apologize that you experienced less then satisfactory service, but I do hope that the rest of your time in Tulsa was much better.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was so interested to see what Aloft did with the old Tulsa City hall which I have always considered an eye sore. The rooms and hallways were great. Very comfortable! The parking situation is tricky and I was thankful that I only drive a two door coupe. The parking garage entrance (where I assume most people will enter) is not welcoming. The grounds around the building are terrible. My room had a souther view of an abandoned plaza with fountains covered in graffiti and full of brown water. There was also youths out skateboarding around the hotel. The lobby was alright but you could definitely tell that this a "mid-century" aka cold, ugly, and low ceilinged government building that has had an Aloft Hotel shoved into it.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room to avoid views of an abandoned plaza.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Austin K
Roy C, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Austin K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay at the Aloft Downtown Tulsa. I was sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy the remodel of this historic building. The entrance that you spoke of is temporary and the plaza outside your window is also about to undergo a huge renovation. We are very excited about what the historic downtown plaza will become and we hope that you will come back once it is finished to see the transformation.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after a concert at the BOK. We couldn't have asked for a better location. We were looking for something a little different than the usual hotel. This place was quite unique. We loved the loft feel. The staff was very friendly. The bed was extremely comfortable. The only con was the parking. The parking spaces are quite small and the driving space is limited. We arrived in the afternoon driving a pickup and even though the spaces were less than half full on the ground floor of the garage, there was very little space to maneuver. We would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sprite11
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear sprite11,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we couldn't agree more about the convenience of being located so close to the BOK center. We appreciate your kind words and thank you for letting us know about your frustrations with the parking situation. We are still in the process of working on the parking area and, hopefully, the issues you faced will be resolved soon. We can't wait to see you back at our hotel again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Pros:
Fun, clean, modern rooms
Comfortable beds/bedding
Free parking
Pet-Friendly

Cons:
Common areas a bit shabby
Poor insulation in rooms (you hear everything)
No grassy areas to walk dogs
Only given 2 body towels - both old/crisp

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chelsea I
Reviewed October 11, 2013

All Aloft hotels are essentially the same, but this one really stood out for some reason. It's in the old Tulsa City Hall, and the space is configured really strangely. The rooms are the same, but the lobby and entrance make this a strange hotel. You can either enter from the parking garage or drive up to the lobby, and it's very sterile. You feel like you're in an old government building.

There isn't much else around the area, except the Brady District, which I love. But it's a bit of a walk and there are a lot of homeless people walking around, which I'm kind of used to since I'm from New York.

The service was a bit odd as well. We were charged $40 for something we never used, and it took a while to get this charge taken off the list.

Not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple