“Rooms are good, grounds need work.”

Aloft Tulsa Downtown
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was so interested to see what Aloft did with the old Tulsa City hall which I have always considered an eye sore. The rooms and hallways were great. Very comfortable! The parking situation is tricky and I was thankful that I only drive a two door coupe. The parking garage entrance (where I assume most people will enter) is not welcoming. The grounds around the building are terrible. My room had a souther view of an abandoned plaza with fountains covered in graffiti and full of brown water. There was also youths out skateboarding around the hotel. The lobby was alright but you could definitely tell that this a "mid-century" aka cold, ugly, and low ceilinged government building that has had an Aloft Hotel shoved into it.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room to avoid views of an abandoned plaza.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Austin K
Roy C, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Austin K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay at the Aloft Downtown Tulsa. I was sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy the remodel of this historic building. The entrance that you spoke of is temporary and the plaza outside your window is also about to undergo a huge renovation. We are very excited about what the historic downtown plaza will become and we hope that you will come back once it is finished to see the transformation.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after a concert at the BOK. We couldn't have asked for a better location. We were looking for something a little different than the usual hotel. This place was quite unique. We loved the loft feel. The staff was very friendly. The bed was extremely comfortable. The only con was the parking. The parking spaces are quite small and the driving space is limited. We arrived in the afternoon driving a pickup and even though the spaces were less than half full on the ground floor of the garage, there was very little space to maneuver. We would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sprite11
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear sprite11,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we couldn't agree more about the convenience of being located so close to the BOK center. We appreciate your kind words and thank you for letting us know about your frustrations with the parking situation. We are still in the process of working on the parking area and, hopefully, the issues you faced will be resolved soon. We can't wait to see you back at our hotel again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Pros:
Fun, clean, modern rooms
Comfortable beds/bedding
Free parking
Pet-Friendly

Cons:
Common areas a bit shabby
Poor insulation in rooms (you hear everything)
No grassy areas to walk dogs
Only given 2 body towels - both old/crisp

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chelsea I
Reviewed October 11, 2013

All Aloft hotels are essentially the same, but this one really stood out for some reason. It's in the old Tulsa City Hall, and the space is configured really strangely. The rooms are the same, but the lobby and entrance make this a strange hotel. You can either enter from the parking garage or drive up to the lobby, and it's very sterile. You feel like you're in an old government building.

There isn't much else around the area, except the Brady District, which I love. But it's a bit of a walk and there are a lot of homeless people walking around, which I'm kind of used to since I'm from New York.

The service was a bit odd as well. We were charged $40 for something we never used, and it took a while to get this charge taken off the list.

Not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BoysInNY
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've been throwing monthly parties at this SPG property for several months now. Brooklyn, in the front office, takes great care of us everytime. Brooklyn and her staff are all very nice and willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
I have planned the September party at this location, and have already booked rooms for October. The hotel can be difficult to find on your first trip, because it's a converted office building. They did an amazing job turning it into a hotel. The pool may be small, but it's big enough to lounge around in. The hotel bar is really nice. They have a billiards table if you like to shoot pool while you drink.
The hotel is located right downtown. It's a short walk to all of the downtown bars and restaurants. I highly recommend this SPG property to anyone needing to go to downtown Tulsa.

Room Tip: I prefer the Ultra Savvy Suite. The two beds and pull out couch provide plenty of sleeping room for...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rodger W
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for the local concert at the BOK center. We used to stay at the Hyatt down the street. We really like this location better! Everything was so modern, new and clean. The place was fully booked and I didn't hear a sound from any neighbors (a big plus on a concert weekend). Our room overlooked the BOK Center and this hotel is just a walk across the street from it, which is very convenient.

The front desk was very helpful in every aspect. The place was fully booked, but the front desk made sure we were well taken care of. We had booked two rooms on my husband's card, and the front desk let us go ahead and check out so we could get back home while our friends slept in and checked out a bit later. This was a big plus for us. I really appreciated them. They also assisted us with food after the concert, and were very kind even to the people that had been drinking. Very patient and helpful and not condescending.

The front desk is very helpful in finding the place. It is difficult to find. We arrived very early as we had read the previous reviews that the place is difficult to find and parking can be a problem. The previous reviews were not lying, it is not easy to find unless you know how to get there.

My advice to anyone reading this is to arrive early. You will get lost trying to find the place, even with a navigation system. You will not be able to park unless you arrive early on a venue night.

The room was immaculate, updated, and fresh. I appreciated how clean it was. I walked around barefoot, which I NEVER do.

The pool was small, but I only saw one person use it the entire time we were there. The bar is beautiful. The elevators are fast. We wanted to drink at the bar, but it was very crowded after the concert, so we skipped it. We had some hummus and sandwiches from the 24-hour retail shop. It was actually not bad food. I was impressed.

Thanks Aloft! You will be the place we stay when we come to visit Tulsa. You are a lot better than the Hyatt and other outdated surrounding establishments.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Casey T
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay here every time im in Tulsa for business. The first time I came I will admit I did not know it was built into the existing City Hall building (originally built in 1969), so it was tricky to find. Parking and the basement level do still need a little work, but no worries. Since this is a historical building there are no signs on the outside of the building. There is an Aloft sign but its not close enough to the building and since it is at street level on one side only, it is easy to become lost. After you find the place and get checked in, the lobby and rooms are just fantastic. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and everything else has been excellent. I know some people may find the modern/retro style a bit overpowering, but this place is clearly aimed at a younger crowd that appreciates the details. Its nice seeing an old building repurposed in the manner, kudos Aloft.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view, and facing towards central downtown is your best choice. Corner ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear James W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate the brand design the Aloft hotels is trying to achieve. We understand the confusion with finding us and parking, but like you said, this is a historical building so we have limitations as to what we can and can't do, and unfortunatley, attaching any sort of signage to the exterior is something that we aren't able to do. We are playing with other ideas at the moment to increase visibility, so hopefully, the next time that you come to our hotel it will be easier to find. Hope to see you again soon!