“Good food but waiter was BAD!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 1,343 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 96th st and Aquarium Dr
Description: Enjoy an experience like no other at The Melting Pot of Tulsa. Join us for an anniversary, birthday, or a romantic night out. What could be more fun than sharing a relaxing meal with friends and family? From the award winning cheese fondue to the main course and decadent chocolate fondue dessert, you prepare your food and feel in charge of your meal. The Melting Pot is not your typical fine dining experience. The Melting Pot has an extensive wine list, local beers and hand-crafted cocktails. We offer gluten free menu options.
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Hub and I went in (last min thing) not dressed up. My hub had on a GO ARMY shirt. He had never been to the one one in Tulsa just OKC (which he loved) well our waiter was a Navy man (I think) and an [--]! He made many comments. Dropped the check off many times. Felt like he just wanted us gone! Kept looking in the black book for a card so we could pay. I kept asking for more tea just make him mad. If it was not for my husband waiting tables for years I would not have given him a tip but we left 10% and nothing more. Our trip to OKC we left 40%. This guy just wanted the ARMY man gone. Hated that people kept coming up thanking him for serving all the waiter would do is roll his eyes and make comments. I almost walked out!!!! I won't go back to this location ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't treat my VET like [--]! Respect all who service this great country and if you don't have something nice to say to the men and women who put lives on the line and on hold then SHUT IT!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was a very nice place to dine, but its upscale prices will definitely keep it in our “special occasions” choice list. The location is on the river walk; which in all honesty should be called the mud-bar walk since there is typically more gravel showing than water. The interior décor and atmosphere is exquisite, and the high-backed booths give a nice feel of intimacy and privacy; perfect for couples desiring a romantic setting. The staff was friendly, patient, and accommodating. The dining is a unique concept: everything is cooked at the tables by each guest using pot-stickers and placing them in boiling water on a burner installed in the table. The whole experience had a pleasant campfire feel to it, though there were some concerns with the handing of raw meat at the table. I found myself cutting the meat with a knife or using a fork, then realizing I had to use those same utensils again to actually eat the food. We had the four-course meal, which included a cheese pot, a salad, the entrée, and a melted-chocolate covered desert. The beer-infused cheese left us a little cold, but the house-salad was delicious; very sweet with a hint of tang. The meats were delicious, though I recommend cooking them longer than the two-minutes suggested by the staff; unless you like red juices flowing from pink meat. The desert was easily the best part. We had the flaming turtle, which should be a sin if it’s not because of the pleasure-induced moans emanating from our table. Overall the only down-side was the arrival of the check, which was almost as high as the calories in the chocolate. You can easily plan on dropping a hundred dollars or more; which, unfortunately, limits the times we will be able to visit here… unless it’s just for dessert.

1  Thank BlackCat307
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a great time here. The waitress we had was outstanding and the food was great also. We had reservations and were seated as soon as we entered the restaurant. The whole experience was wonderful. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it.

1  Thank Verdy99
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We visit the melting pot at least a few times a year. Our favorite thing is to go there for dessert and coffee. Our favorite dessert is their take on bananas foster with all of sides to dip into the white chocolate.

We've also visited for one of their murder mystery dinners which was enjoyable but we didn't get to set in the banquet room as it was overbooked so it wasn't quite as enjoyable.

Definitely plan to spend a good hour to hour and half at dinner.

The wait staff is always professional but the service isn't always the speediest.

1  Thank Brett G
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Firstly we LOVE the melting pot. This is the 6th time we've gone but the first at this location. This is the first time I have felt like the combination of service and what food you get was not in proportion to the price you pay. As noted we've been to melting pots before. We know what to expect for the cost. Tonight just didn't seem up to par for the $250 bill for two adults and two kids under 12. We will probably try again back at our favorite one in Kansas city.