“Small space, good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Reservations, Seating
“Small space, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

great service, good wine list (my favorite) as well as excellent sushi
set in the middle of Tulsa's oldest and most beautiful outdoor shopping center.

Visited April 2014

“Excellent Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

So I visited Sushi Alley on my own for lunch. I had missed this restaurant in Utica Square and was shopping when I noticed it. I'm a sushi fan, so went in to see how things were. I had a salad with tuna - it was excellent! Atmosphere was great. I'll be back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Absolute gem for freshest sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

For true sushi lovers who care both about freshness, quality, and sustainability - Sushi Alley is the real deal. They DO cater to true sushi lovers. And are very gluten free friendly.

Best miso, tuna tartar is fantastic (there is a touch of crunchiness which are flaked scallops), and Tasmanian salmon is my favorite appetizer. Tuna takaki is also really good. Scallop dish is spicy but also delicious.

There are lots of "non-sushi" options. For the meat lovers- The beef that you cook on a searing hot stone melts in your mouth and is local, healthily raised.

The sashimi is always fresh and the mixed platter never fails to please, though I always order extra red snapper as it's so good.
The rolls are great. Nigiri great as well

There are a couple of "non-standard" rolls with non-traditional takes - they aren't my favorites. So I don't order two of the 50 plus other options that i love. The ingredients are plainly listed - if you don't think a roll with garlic and aoli belong on a roll - then don't order it!!! It ain't that hard!

The service has always been fast. Staff is extremely knowledgeable.
Prices seem in line with other sushi places in town and the area.

Like the reviewer here who has eaten 700 sushi meals etc, I too have extensive sushi experience both in this country and in Japan. UNLIKE that reviewer - I do not find service in this part of the country to be substandard. And I find service at sushi alley to be courteous and consistent and knowledgeable.

I highly recommend Sushi Alley. They also have carry out and lunch delivery - I have used both.

• Visited November 2013
Washington IA
“Looking for something different?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was down to Tulsa recently for a wedding and was looking for something different in the way of places to eat. I stopped at a store in Utica Square that I had visited many times, back when I lived in T-Town. After chatting with the fellow behind the counter, I asked if there was anything new in that area. He told me about Sushi Alley. I drove over and took a seat at the bar--I enjoy watching chefs at work. I am no sushi aficionado, so I can't name everything I ate that night; I do know this--it all tasted wonderful! I had the best Miso soup I've ever experienced, I also had the tuna tartar, edamame hummus, scallops with yuzu kosho and three different types of saki. Every bite was pure delight. I was so pleased that I went back the next day so I could try the bulgogi, which is only available at lunch. I've eaten my share of bulgogi...this serving was way beyond anything I'd ever had. So, would I recommend Sushi Alley? Most definitely. Unfortunately, I live 10 hours from Tulsa; but, I'm very much looking forward to more good food at Sushi Alley the next time I'm in town.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jarschauer
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Awful meal because of the food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have had over 700 sushi meals in my life and this was easily one of the bottom 3 sushi eating experiences I've ever had. The service was slow and inattentive, but that's common in this part of the country, so that was no big deal.
It was the food that was the main problem. We ordered multiple items (8+), and the best item was the edamame. The cucumber salad was just sliced cucumber with japanese inspired dressing; it seemed like an afterthought. The house special rolls were odd. The restaurant strives hard to be different, and it strays too far from sushi. For example: basil, lime, and goat cheese on a sushi roll. That flavor profile does not work. Strawberries don't belong on sushi either. The tuna tartare was extremely small, and included crunchy bits like Frenchy's onions. I order tuna tartare because I like tuna. If I wanted a crunch element, I'd eat a taco. The place caters to the trendy folk, not true sushi lovers.

• Visited April 2013