“Friendly staff and convenient location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown
Ranked #18 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
San Angelo, Texas
“Friendly staff and convenient location”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The staff is always very friendly and courteous. I've stayed here 3 separate weeks over the past two months. The rooms are always clean and the location is very convenient to access all areas of Tulsa. Not all king size rooms are alike and we found that out during the 2nd stay. Some are a little small with no separate sitting area besides the desk and some have a small table with chairs. I opted for the double room to ensure I had a chair to sit in that wasn't an office chair and a little extra space. As with any downtown location you have more people of all varieties walking around outside so be cautious at night unless you are with a group. I've been told twice that there is a security guard at this hotel but have never seen one at any time of the morning or night in 3 weeks. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Really enjoyed stay at this hotel. Downtown in cool neighborhood. Walked to dinner. Lot's going on and several great restaurants or bars to choose from. Felt Safe around hotel. Hotel has free secure parking for guest. Not always the case with downtown hotels. Friendly staff. Rooms a bit smaller but clean and comfortable. Would stay again. Hotel was quiet and had a good night sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are very nice. It is centrally located downtown close to many restaurants and clubs. This is the only hotel I stay at when I am in downtown Tulsa.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your rave review! We are always looking for ways to improve to provide exceptional service to our guests, but it is always nice to hear when we achieve that expectation. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa-Downtown, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The minute we arrived a transient man walked up and asked us for money right in the parking lot. Two women in our group were smokers and the only place to smoke at this hotel is in the parking lot where you don't feel safe. The rooms were small and I was scheduled to be there for 3 more weeks over the next month. The front desk upgraded one of plus to a suite with no problem but wouldn't upgrade me. Our group cancelled our future reservations there and booked somewhere else where we could all have larger rooms for less cost and all feel safer outside.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. While we are a downtown property, we take your safety as a top priority! The only thing that supersedes guest satisfaction, as far as we are concerned, is guest safety. That's why we have added personnel & security to ensure that all our guests are safe and free from any unwanted solicitation. While this has not been a problem for us in the Brady Arts District, I am truly sorry that you experienced this. Our staff has been trained with the resources to resolve such issues when given the chance.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally to get more information about how we could have better handled this situation. We are always looking for ways to improve!
Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Steve Fischer, General Manager
Glen Carbon, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for a David Cook concert at nearby Cains Ballroom. It's a unique place, but nice. Yes, the checkin is a floor up, but they make it pretty easy. When you pull up into driveway there is a sign that tells you to hit the button for front desk. They buzz you in and you park. I arrived late on a weekend night when the surrounding bars were busy, a Fairfield staff person was right there helping me find a parking spot and made me feel secure. All of the staff that I encountered were happy and friendly helpful people. Room was smallish but very nice. There was a frig which I used. Bed was very nice with very nice bedding. Towels could have been a wee bit softer. There is a bench outside where people smoke, met a nice woman from South Africa there! Other David Cook fans also stayed here, so it was a fun atmosphere, staff was well aware of this special concert which was also cool. Didn't make it to early breakfast, but the area and furnishings were very nice. As I am a night person, had no problem with the club downstairs, they really were not that loud. Actually found the place to be pretty quiet. However, I do always travel with a small white noise fan. Very clean and comfortable.It is pricey, but found that it was worth it. The area is really neat. Lots to do and see, places to eat and socialize. A very nice revitalized area of Tulsa that I really enjoyed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ellisville, Missouri
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were driving through Tulsa to another location and stayed at this location because it was located very close to the Sonic Center of the Universe. The hotel is very new and everything is neat and clean. It is in the Brady District where there are a lot of restaurants and things to do. The staff was very friendly and efficient, which is nice when you’ve been on the road all day. Breakfast was fine, your typical Fairfield breakfast but it was fresh and the coffee was hot. Parking is free and controlled by a gate with your room key. Not a lot of parking but we didn’t have any problem. We ate at a bar called The Tavern. It is very close to the hotel and is more than a bar. We were surprised by the wide variety of food on the menu and the wine list. The lobby is on the second floor of the building but there were plenty of luggage carts in the downstairs lobby by the elevator so we didn’t have any problems. Would recommend this hotel to others visiting Tulsa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed here for an event at the Brady district . It was a very good location with walking distance to lots of bars and restaurants and to the Brady. However, whenever I was in the room and all night you could hear every step and sound other tenants were making . Also, the music from one of the bars blasted until 2 am through the walls . If you are looking for a good location that is clean this is a good hotel , however I would not stay here again due to the noise factor .

• Stayed February 2014
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I am glad that you enjoyed our prime location in downtown Tulsa like so many others, I sincerely regret that your stay was disturbed by noise-related issues.
Our goal is always to exceed guests' expectations, and we are always looking for ways to improve. I would very much like to speak with you personally to make sure that we resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Please contact me directly at the hotel. Again, I apologize, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Steve Fischer, General Manager 918.879.1800