“Very nice!”

Tulsa Air and Space Museum
Ranked #13 of 114 things to do in Tulsa
More attraction details
Owner description: Tulsa's rich aviation history is traced through such exciting exhibits as the F14 Tomcat, Shuttle Launch, Wind Tunnel and Flight Simulation Lab.
Wichita, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very nice!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

First off, the staff were absolutely amazing! Some of the nicest people we met on our trip! The museum itself was quite small, but the planetarium was pretty neat! Overall it was a great experience!

2 Thank BriBriLiz

Yukon, Oklahoma
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Pretty cool”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were heading to the zoo when we noticed the TASM, the big American Airlines plane out front was what attracted me! But when we paid to go in the guy over charged us and didn't even notice until I ask how much the kid ticket was, we ask where to start and the guy just kinda threw his arm up and said, back there. A little run down of the place would have been nice. They have a big fighter jet inside but I really wanted to get in the big plane outside. We make our way outside and I run up the stairs, knocking kids and elders out of the way, I had to get in that plane! I love big passenger planes! So after leaving a trail of bodies on the stairs, I get to the top like some kind of king, grab that door handle, with the biggest smile on my face, Cara and my daughter were helping the kids and elders up, I give the door a tug and nothing, its locked, I cry out nooooooooooo! and then I hear Cara call out from below, the door says push, you idiot! So I gather myself, and give the door a push, but still nothing, :( it wasn't open. I cried for several minutes, Cara tried to console me, she took me inside to get in the big jet. After I stopped crying I got in the big jet, it was pretty cool except you couldn't touch anything, the man said the navy contract said they needed to be able to use the jet again, lol, I'm going to be worried if the USA ever needs that jet back to defend our country. The planetarium was closed but we knew that from the sign on the front door, and had there been a sign about the big plane, we probably would have just went to the zoo.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank KH420
Denver, Colorado
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Nothing special”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

For something to do in Tulsa this is a good option for a couple of hours. It is pretty small and if you’ve been to any air and space museum there’s nothing here you haven’t seen before and stuff you won’t see here. Still for something to do, the museum and its planetarium are a good option to get out of the hotel or relative’s house if you’re visiting Tulsa - for a couple of hours. Its ok – nothing special.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank funtobeme
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun school outing.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Went with my 3rd grader on field trip to the museum. It's one of Tulsa secrets. I didn't realize how much there is to learn and see there. Very educational for both children and adults.

Visited May 2013
Tulsa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“For aviation lovers!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Fun for all ages. So many different displays and areas of aviation. Very interesting and we'll done!

Visited July 2013