“worst motel i have ever stayed in”
Review of Travelodge Tulsa

Travelodge Tulsa
Ranked #92 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“worst motel i have ever stayed in”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

the motel is right by the highway and the traffic is so loud that it makes it impossible to sleep at night, we have the room for the week, the second day i went to the maid with my used towels to get some clean towels, she refused to give me any saying that she was the down stairs maid, i needed to go to the office or find the upstairs maid, so i went to the office, i was again refused clean towels, i had to search the entire complex for the upstairs maid,finally finding her, and followed her to the laundry room, where she counted my towels, and gave me clean towels and sheets, the next day, the maid came to the room and offered me clean towels and sheets, i later realized that she had given me a twin sheet for the king size bed, she was off work at this point so i went to the office, the lady at the desk was rude, wouldn't give me a king size sheets and said she would bring me a fitted sheet to my room in one hour, after waiting over an hour for her, she never showed up and i called, she then told me i had to come back to the office and pick up the sheets myself, the room its self is was dirty when we checked in, the first night here, i took a shower walked from the bathroom to the bed and my feet got so dirty it looked like i had been barefoot for a week, you don't want to take your shoes off here, you can see the dirty and stains all over the carpet, and there is no way the bed sheets were changed in between the last person and us because there were hairs on the bed when we pulled the covers back the laundry here is expensive and the free breakfast is not worth it, powdered donuts, and coffee, two kinds of dry cereal, the only plus i have seen is the internet is free,the staff here is rude, and the stay has been the worst hotel i have ever stayed in...

Room Tip: you don't want to stay the night here, the rooms facing the highway are impossible to sleep in b...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Rex T, General Manager at Travelodge Tulsa, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Please accept my sincere apology upon your stay at the Super 8 Tulsa East. We would have been more than happy to move your room to another location of the hotel if the traffic bothered you that bad.

If you decide to return to Tulsa again, please allow me to offer a 10% discount on your room for the inconveinece that you went thru and I will make sure your stay with us is pleasant.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I booked this hotel for a trip, and called back less than an hour later to cancel the reservation. Rex,the general manager, said it was cancelled and said Motel 8 does not give conformation numbers for cancellations. He then charged my credit card. I attempted to call him over 20 times but he would never call me back. He wrote a letter to my bank when I disputed the charge that said I did not. DO NOT STAY HERE. They are thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Pike1p
This was a promotion that Wyndham Hotels put out nationwide as a prepaid reservation at a discounted rate with no refunds. I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding when you booked the hotels.

However, I would like to offer you a 10% discount upon your next trip to Tulsa. Please ask for me personally and I will make sure your stay is no less than perfect.
Huntington Beach, Caifornia
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Stayed here because it looked good from a distance, and because I have a rewards card. My son and I were crossing country and were dead tired when we arrived and didn't feel up to looking for someplace else. The lobby, and room both had a very run down appearance. The bedspread had cigarette burn holes in it, although it was a non-smoking room. The bathtub drain was clogged and barely drained so you had to stand in 2 inches of water while you showered. My 22 year old son was standing outside our room looking at the pool when a man approached him and asked him if he wanted to buy some crack cocaine. The continental breakfast consisted of tiny, stale plain and powdered doughnuts, dry cereal, coffee and orange juice. I would not stay here again, even if it were free.

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank BTC(SW)-(ret.)
I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. Even though I was not there at the time you stayed with us, I would like to offer you a 10% discount on your next stay at our hotel.

We strive everyday to improve and would like to have you as a return guest at our hotel. Thank you for your response.
tulsa, OK
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Although the room was clean, it was tiny, dark, and filled with horrible furniture--a chair that would put you in traction if you sat in it for more than a minute and a soggy old bed. Worst, the noisy air condition had only two settings--on and off--so we either froze or suffocated. Stay at the Comfort Inn next door--much better for about the same price.

• Liked — proximity to airport
  • Disliked — ancient air conditioner, tiny room, saggy bed, bad chair, not enough towels
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
The hotel that you are referring to is the Super 8 Airport and not this hotel. We do not have a Comfort Inn next door.