“Noisy Renaissance” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Oklahoma
“Noisy Renaissance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

We spent two nights at the Renaissance in Tulsa. The hotel is clean and the rooms are nice. The bathroom is large and I liked the raised vanity. However, the second night we were there was very noisy. The noise from the lobby area came right up into our room - it sounded like we were in the pool area. Lots of people talking as well as children yelling and screaming. This lasted until about 2am. We were on the second floor so maybe if we would have had a higher room the sound would not have been so loud.
We will probably not stay here again because for the price we didn't feel it was worth it. We can find just as nice or nicer and more spacious rooms at other hotels in Tulsa for half the price and with breakfast included.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2007

I booked this hotel because of the great ratings on tripadvisor and was not disappointed. I got a great rate through the hotel website.

This hotel was very well appointed and everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable with down comforters. The bathroom was decorated with wood finishing and stone walls in the shower.

The restaurant was very elegant and all of the food was delicious. We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel.

We got a discount on dinner and a free breakfast with our tickets to the Tulsa Opera, so if you are going to an event at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center be sure to check your tickets for any offers at this hotel.

I am looking forward to my next trip to Tulsa, so I can enjoy this fine hotel again.

• Liked — rooms, atrium, restaurant
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank compton49er
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2006

I travel roughly 100 nights a year and typically stay in renaissance and Marriott hotels. I found the Tulsa renaissance to be nicely appointed. I had a suite room on the club floor and that had either granite or faux granite counter tops that looked very nice. The bed was clean and made well and I had no noise in my bedroom which is nice. I hate hearing the next person’s tv etc. Although I could see how in a room which has the bedroom directly off of the main atrium that things could get loud. I heard guests all the way down in the lobby late at night from my 9th floor sitting room who were being rather loud.

Parking can be a bit of a problem if there is a convention, but I’m not sure what you can expect, this happens at every hotel that holds events. If it bothers you that much then you should just valet, its only 10 dollars a night.

I ordered room service two nights and it was nothing special but not that bad either. The room service guys were very polite and curtious. The club lounge is about par for lounges. They did have some grilled zucchini for appetizers one night which I enjoyed.

Also the gym treadmills are excellent here, probably the best ones I have ever seen in a Marriott hotel!

Overall very good experience. It was much nicer than the Tulsa Marriott which is in need of a renovation. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank sub64
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

This hotel is very expensive relative to other properties in town. I found the rooms to be fine and modern with good bedding and amenities. I'm not sure if the price is worth the difference however, if you are a fan of great service from employees, this is the place. The front door staff is friendly, the roomservice is very quick, housekeeping is nice, and the front desk staff is superb. Some noise comes from the atrium at night, but usually not too much. If you want to pay for service, this is the place.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Chi-Bus-Traveler
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

Stayed in a suite room with a balcony and loved it. The room was large nicely appointed, the bathroom was nice and the view was as good as a view gets in Tulsa.

Some may protest the traffic in the area, but as a Tulsa native I understand that it comes with the territory. I would rather have traffic (which is only bad between 4:30 and 6:30 or after a movie at the mega-theater across the street lets out) and lots of dining options than stay downtown, where there really is nothing to choose from (or do) after the lunch rush.

If you're looking for a nice hotel, but intend on going out during your stay, this is the place.

• Liked — Nice bed
  • Disliked — Can be tricky to access if you don't know what you're doing.
  • Tips/Secrets — Exit on 61st or 81st and access the hotel from Garnett Rd. to avoid 71st St. traffic.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jms238
Tucson,AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

What was this hotel owner thinking of by building a hotel in the middle or 'TRAFFIC CITY" and in the parking lot of TARGET STORE?

I will never go there again ever = This hotel just is ridiculous. What a waste of time and energy to get there and then when you do get there - look - it's a nothing hotel.

My recommendation - DON"T STAY THERE unless you just love traffic jams, wall to wall chain restaurants, and of course, last but not least TARGET.

I travel to Tulsa weekly and someone suggested I stay there. I will never forgive that person. I will continue to stay downtown from now on. At least I have three choices and no Target.

Mary

• Stayed June 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank AZIMPORT
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

I was at this hotel last week for a Belgian Sheepdog National Specialty Dog Show. The staff was great, the hotel is beautiful and the service was exceptional.
We had a great stay with our dogs.

1 Thank blkdogak