“First Choice when in Tulsa”

Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #32 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Phoenix, Arizona
“First Choice when in Tulsa”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We always stay at this property each summer when driving through on vacation. The lobby is open and spacious. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The concierge lounge is always well-stocked. The hotel is tucked back behind shops and restaurants so its a great location. We have to say a bonus is the proximity to Krispy Kreme donuts! We stayed July 4 and since restaurants were closed by the time we arrived we had room service. Food was right temperatures and delivered quickly. Truly nothing bad to say above this hotel!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are our favorites. Suites and spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Mansfield, TX
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels. The price is amazing, the rooms are very spacious and comfortable and the service is impeccable. It's also in a good location in terms of restaurants and stores. It's a great hotel and I highly recommend it if you're in the Tulsa area.

• Stayed July 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

The Renaissance is a clean, well-run, mid-end hotel.

Upon arrival, the valet was attentive and prompt. The reception is set up in pods, it is a nice touch and makes check-in more personable. The reception staff also took the time to greet children in the party.

I asked for a room that was not adjoining, too many shrill children singing the "wheels on the bus" at 5am or snoring at 2am, and not next to the elevator or ice machine. With this criteria in mind, room 505 became mine. The room was not adjoining and was one room away from the elevator...yes...one room away. I was too tired to make a switch.

The rooms are tidy and clean and have Aveda products - a pleasant surprise.

The reason we typically stay in a hotel is because we do not have a place to sleep or choose to sleep elsewhere...we are in need of a bed.

The Renaissance has very hard, hard beds that are only surpassed by the hard, hard pillows. There were a ton of pillows on the bed and I squeezed each one in turn hoping for one envelope of puffy goodness in the crop. No luck. The bed felt like a sofa my aunt had had for over a century - you know the type, despite being foam, you sit and it is your bottom that conforms, not the sofa. Sleep was evasive due to the Minecraft angularity sandwich of the bed and pillow.

The in room coffee was a handy antidote for the sleep deprivation the next day. Internet was a steep $12.95 a day.

Ok property, nice staff...BYOP.

PS - I left a pair of earrings behind and will check back in in 2-3 days time on their whereabouts. Even after multiple calls, knowing exactly where I left them and calling immediately after. They are gone...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in a 'suite' that had a king size bed and pull out sofa. We did not utilize the sofa. However the bed was a trampoline. Every time my husband turned over the whole bed shook and bounced. It was awful. The room got a bit cold due to us lowering the temp and falling asleep but there was not a blanket accept for the comforter. It would have been nice to have an extra blanket located in the closet.
The other bad part about staying here last weekend was the ungodly amount of cheerleaders-due to a cheerleading camp being held at the hotel. 5 times a student knocked on our door only to have the wrong room. Also upon exiting the elevators you would nearly be run down by 20 high school girls who have absolutely no manners and would not let the occupants of the elevator out before rushing into the elevator. I would definitely ask the front desk if there are any camps being held at the hotel because I overheard that they would be going on for at least the next 3 weeks.
The other odd thing that happened was at breakfast. I ordered room service and , mid-presentation, the delivery waiter started talking with an english accent. It was off and on and I couldn't figure out if he was being funny or weird. Creepy
The location can not be beat. Everything is very close by, but we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Call first to ask if they have any camps going on.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Freddy4
Roseau, Minnesota
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for three days and were visiting from Minnesota. The first thing I noticed was that there were no vending machines available and this is important - especially when the gift shop closes so early each day and especially on Sunday. Also, when I made the reservations, it stated that restaurants were very close by. That is deceiving as it is not just an easy walk to somewhere else. They also stated there was a hair salon onsite, which we needed and we found out they had none. I would have to say that most of the problems with this hotel are because of the Marriot chain. The staff was awesome. We highly recommend the shuttle drivers, especially Steve and Gary. They went above and beyond to make sure we were taken wherever we needed to be. If we come back, we would not stay at this hotel because of the location - not the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tim L, General Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We are very excited that you enjoyed our staff so much. Our team takes great pride in delivering outstanding service. In fact, we are currently ranked in the top 25 of all Renaissance Hotels in the nation for a number of service categories. We will recognize Steve and Gary at our next associate meeting.

I apologize that you read information indicating we have a salon on site. We do not want any misleading information on the internet regarding the amenities we offer. Please contact me at tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002. I would be interested in learning where you saw that information. In the mean time, I will have a staff member search the web and work to remove this incorrect data.

I am sorry you did not find our location appealing. With more than 30 restaurants within a mile, the largest mall in Tulsa less than two miles away, most major Tulsa attractions within a 15 minute drive and our proximity to highway 169, many of our guests find our location to be ideal for leisure and business.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was SO disappointed in this hotel! As soon as I got to my room I noticed trash on the floor. No big deal, I picked it up and threw it away. Then I ran a bath and noticed the tub area was filthy. There was hair everywhere. Since I was ready for a bath, I cleaned that too. I brought it to their attention and they offered me a cheese tray. The hotel in general was not very clean. There were dirty food trays in the hallway and some kind of laundry problem. Huge piles of sheets, dirty towels in the hallway. Pretty hotel, but pretty doesn't fix dirty.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the west end of this hotel or you will hear the highway all night long.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank amfoster43
Tim L, General Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. The condition in which you found your room is unacceptable to us here at the Renaissance Tulsa. As a 4 diamond hotel, a customer should never have this experience. In additional to a rigorous training and follow up program with our housekeeping staff, we take an extra step other properties may not. Each room is to be inspected by a supervisor prior to being released for sale to ensure any item is not overlooked. Somehow this step was missed for your room. I apologize. Another issue we had during your stay was staffing for our hallway and public areas. Since your stay, we have developed alternative plans to ensure we have adequate coverage if we have mutiple people out sick.

I am happy to discuss this further with you as your experience is not typical. My contact information is tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002. Thank you for your time and feedback.
Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wanted to get out of the DFW area for a quick getaway to go somewhere different. Closed my eyes and pointed on the map, Tulsa OK was where my finger landed. My wife and I stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. Very nice Hotel, clean and very attentive staff. My only suggestion is to stay on a higher up floor. There was a gospel convention going on and although everyone was very friendly, it was quite noisy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple