“Dirty Room”

Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was SO disappointed in this hotel! As soon as I got to my room I noticed trash on the floor. No big deal, I picked it up and threw it away. Then I ran a bath and noticed the tub area was filthy. There was hair everywhere. Since I was ready for a bath, I cleaned that too. I brought it to their attention and they offered me a cheese tray. The hotel in general was not very clean. There were dirty food trays in the hallway and some kind of laundry problem. Huge piles of sheets, dirty towels in the hallway. Pretty hotel, but pretty doesn't fix dirty.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the west end of this hotel or you will hear the highway all night long.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank amfoster43
Tim L, General Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. The condition in which you found your room is unacceptable to us here at the Renaissance Tulsa. As a 4 diamond hotel, a customer should never have this experience. In additional to a rigorous training and follow up program with our housekeeping staff, we take an extra step other properties may not. Each room is to be inspected by a supervisor prior to being released for sale to ensure any item is not overlooked. Somehow this step was missed for your room. I apologize. Another issue we had during your stay was staffing for our hallway and public areas. Since your stay, we have developed alternative plans to ensure we have adequate coverage if we have mutiple people out sick.

I am happy to discuss this further with you as your experience is not typical. My contact information is tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002. Thank you for your time and feedback.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wanted to get out of the DFW area for a quick getaway to go somewhere different. Closed my eyes and pointed on the map, Tulsa OK was where my finger landed. My wife and I stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. Very nice Hotel, clean and very attentive staff. My only suggestion is to stay on a higher up floor. There was a gospel convention going on and although everyone was very friendly, it was quite noisy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Renaissance, check in was fast about 8 minutes and I had my room key. The room was newly decorated and spacious. Great customer service. Centally located for great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here in early May with my mom, sister and niece, and found the hotel lacking. We had asked for a handicap accessible with bath with reservation, but when we got there they only had a king size bed with shower. That took a while to resolve, and we finally did get a 2 doubles with a bath.

The hotel was LOUD! Sure it is a convention site, but the only meeting going on was a high school 50th reunion, definitely not the loud crowd. The loudness came from the groups of teenage baseball teams, dance teams, and soccer teams. All night long they were in the halls and atrium, which carried up through the whole hotel.

The hotel looks nice in the lobby, and on the outside, again very typical convention site. The room were not that impressive. Our balcony door opened, but then took us 30 minutes to get closed because the latch was messed up. Once we got it closed, we didn't open it again. There was something sticky on the carpet, which I stepped in upon taking my shoes off. And two of the toiletries in the bathroom were partially used. I've never been to a hotel where the toiletries were reused between guests.

The pool was quite small for such a large hotel, and full of the teenage teams.

All in all, I will not be staying here again. There are too many other choices for cheaper that have the same or better accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank obahsomah
Tim L, General Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

I am so sorry to read about your disappointing experience at our property. Since you stayed with us, we have changed our procedure for assigning handicap accessible rooms. Instead of doing that task the morning of arrival, we are now doing this each day for the next three days.

Unfortunately, our balcony door locks are tricky. They do not operate like a standard residential door. Each room should have an instruction sticker by the handle to assist in proper operation. I have asked our team to inspect each room with balcony doors and replace any worn stickers.

It is unacceptable to have a cleanliness issue in our guest rooms. I have asked our housekeeping director to evaluate and retrain the staff member who cleaned the room.

I would love to earn your back your business. Please contact me at your convenience. Tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Check in took 20min. Although there were three check in desks only one had anyone to help. Finally someone came to a second desk to assist. I would have thought at a busy time of day (5PM) they would have been better staffed. The hotel itself is very nice. The room was a nice size, bathroom had a strange configuration but workable. Furniture was in need of a good cleaning however the rest of the room seemed clean enough. The bed was not comfortable for myself or my wife but that may just be personal preference. Probably would not spend the money to stay here again. The staff was quite friendly.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cu-later67
Tim L, General Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

I truly appreciate the amount of feedback you provided regarding your experience at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center. I am so sorry that we did not exceed your expectations of our property. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002.

You are correct in that we should have our front desk stations staffed more thoroughly at a peak check in time. We do have additional trained staff on property we can call for assistance if we unexpectedly get busy. I am sorry we did not do this during your check in.

While we do get a number of excellent comments about our beds, the level of firmness is definitely a personal preference. Therefore, we do have available a select number of products to make the bed more firm or less firm based upon our customer's personal preference.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm really disappointed with my recent stay. The A/C wouldn't cool our room down so needless to say it was a miserable night. The breakfast buffet is way overpriced. We had to wait to get seated and then our server acted like we weren't even there once we had a table. The coffee was cold and and the food wasn't anything special. My family spent the entire time complaining about our stay. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank osusue

Thank you for taking time to complete a review regarding your recent experience. I am so sorry we failed you. Our goal is that your hotel experience is a highlight of your travel. Your experience is not indicative of our standard 4 diamond service and quality, and we have addressed your concerns about our facility with our management team. Please contact me personally at tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002.

I have asked our chief engineer to look at the building settings more times throughout the day to account for the wide temperature swings we are experiencing outside at this time of year. I have also asked my restaurant manager to do more observations of the team to ensure we are delivering the service we expect to provide each guest 100% of the time.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

When it comes to hotels you ultimately want a great night's rest. We got way more than that. Room was clean, king size bed was perfect, the in hotel restaurant served great food and drinks and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. And did I mention that I slept like a baby? Simply awesome. Thanks guys....

• Stayed: April 2013