“Quick Getaway”

Ranked #33 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Little Elm, Texas
“Quick Getaway”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wanted to get out of the DFW area for a quick getaway to go somewhere different. Closed my eyes and pointed on the map, Tulsa OK was where my finger landed. My wife and I stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. Very nice Hotel, clean and very attentive staff. My only suggestion is to stay on a higher up floor. There was a gospel convention going on and although everyone was very friendly, it was quite noisy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Renaissance, check in was fast about 8 minutes and I had my room key. The room was newly decorated and spacious. Great customer service. Centally located for great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
World Traveler
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here in early May with my mom, sister and niece, and found the hotel lacking. We had asked for a handicap accessible with bath with reservation, but when we got there they only had a king size bed with shower. That took a while to resolve, and we finally did get a 2 doubles with a bath.

The hotel was LOUD! Sure it is a convention site, but the only meeting going on was a high school 50th reunion, definitely not the loud crowd. The loudness came from the groups of teenage baseball teams, dance teams, and soccer teams. All night long they were in the halls and atrium, which carried up through the whole hotel.

The hotel looks nice in the lobby, and on the outside, again very typical convention site. The room were not that impressive. Our balcony door opened, but then took us 30 minutes to get closed because the latch was messed up. Once we got it closed, we didn't open it again. There was something sticky on the carpet, which I stepped in upon taking my shoes off. And two of the toiletries in the bathroom were partially used. I've never been to a hotel where the toiletries were reused between guests.

The pool was quite small for such a large hotel, and full of the teenage teams.

All in all, I will not be staying here again. There are too many other choices for cheaper that have the same or better accommodations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank obahsomah
Tim L, General Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I am so sorry to read about your disappointing experience at our property. Since you stayed with us, we have changed our procedure for assigning handicap accessible rooms. Instead of doing that task the morning of arrival, we are now doing this each day for the next three days.

Unfortunately, our balcony door locks are tricky. They do not operate like a standard residential door. Each room should have an instruction sticker by the handle to assist in proper operation. I have asked our team to inspect each room with balcony doors and replace any worn stickers.

It is unacceptable to have a cleanliness issue in our guest rooms. I have asked our housekeeping director to evaluate and retrain the staff member who cleaned the room.

I would love to earn your back your business. Please contact me at your convenience. Tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002.
cu-later67
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Check in took 20min. Although there were three check in desks only one had anyone to help. Finally someone came to a second desk to assist. I would have thought at a busy time of day (5PM) they would have been better staffed. The hotel itself is very nice. The room was a nice size, bathroom had a strange configuration but workable. Furniture was in need of a good cleaning however the rest of the room seemed clean enough. The bed was not comfortable for myself or my wife but that may just be personal preference. Probably would not spend the money to stay here again. The staff was quite friendly.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cu-later67
Tim L, General Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I truly appreciate the amount of feedback you provided regarding your experience at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center. I am so sorry that we did not exceed your expectations of our property. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002.

You are correct in that we should have our front desk stations staffed more thoroughly at a peak check in time. We do have additional trained staff on property we can call for assistance if we unexpectedly get busy. I am sorry we did not do this during your check in.

While we do get a number of excellent comments about our beds, the level of firmness is definitely a personal preference. Therefore, we do have available a select number of products to make the bed more firm or less firm based upon our customer's personal preference.
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm really disappointed with my recent stay. The A/C wouldn't cool our room down so needless to say it was a miserable night. The breakfast buffet is way overpriced. We had to wait to get seated and then our server acted like we weren't even there once we had a table. The coffee was cold and and the food wasn't anything special. My family spent the entire time complaining about our stay. Very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank osusue
Thank you for taking time to complete a review regarding your recent experience. I am so sorry we failed you. Our goal is that your hotel experience is a highlight of your travel. Your experience is not indicative of our standard 4 diamond service and quality, and we have addressed your concerns about our facility with our management team. Please contact me personally at tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002.

I have asked our chief engineer to look at the building settings more times throughout the day to account for the wide temperature swings we are experiencing outside at this time of year. I have also asked my restaurant manager to do more observations of the team to ensure we are delivering the service we expect to provide each guest 100% of the time.
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

When it comes to hotels you ultimately want a great night's rest. We got way more than that. Room was clean, king size bed was perfect, the in hotel restaurant served great food and drinks and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. And did I mention that I slept like a baby? Simply awesome. Thanks guys....

• Stayed April 2013
Oklahoma
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a Wednesday night. It wasn't busy and as an Elite member I received a room upgrade to a very nice suite room on the sixth floor. The room was very well appointed, clean, and comfortable. It was a very nice surprise as suite upgrades are unusual in my experience. The concierge lounge was comfortable and offered a good selection of snacks and drinks. The price for glass of wine at $5 was very reasonable. Breakfast was also good. The staff, from the front desk to the restaurant and lounge, were very attentive and friendly. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business