“Not as expected”

Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Check in took 20min. Although there were three check in desks only one had anyone to help. Finally someone came to a second desk to assist. I would have thought at a busy time of day (5PM) they would have been better staffed. The hotel itself is very nice. The room was a nice size, bathroom had a strange configuration but workable. Furniture was in need of a good cleaning however the rest of the room seemed clean enough. The bed was not comfortable for myself or my wife but that may just be personal preference. Probably would not spend the money to stay here again. The staff was quite friendly.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cu-later67
Tim L, General Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

I truly appreciate the amount of feedback you provided regarding your experience at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center. I am so sorry that we did not exceed your expectations of our property. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002.

You are correct in that we should have our front desk stations staffed more thoroughly at a peak check in time. We do have additional trained staff on property we can call for assistance if we unexpectedly get busy. I am sorry we did not do this during your check in.

While we do get a number of excellent comments about our beds, the level of firmness is definitely a personal preference. Therefore, we do have available a select number of products to make the bed more firm or less firm based upon our customer's personal preference.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm really disappointed with my recent stay. The A/C wouldn't cool our room down so needless to say it was a miserable night. The breakfast buffet is way overpriced. We had to wait to get seated and then our server acted like we weren't even there once we had a table. The coffee was cold and and the food wasn't anything special. My family spent the entire time complaining about our stay. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank osusue

Thank you for taking time to complete a review regarding your recent experience. I am so sorry we failed you. Our goal is that your hotel experience is a highlight of your travel. Your experience is not indicative of our standard 4 diamond service and quality, and we have addressed your concerns about our facility with our management team. Please contact me personally at tim.lewin@jqh.com or 918-307-4002.

I have asked our chief engineer to look at the building settings more times throughout the day to account for the wide temperature swings we are experiencing outside at this time of year. I have also asked my restaurant manager to do more observations of the team to ensure we are delivering the service we expect to provide each guest 100% of the time.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

When it comes to hotels you ultimately want a great night's rest. We got way more than that. Room was clean, king size bed was perfect, the in hotel restaurant served great food and drinks and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. And did I mention that I slept like a baby? Simply awesome. Thanks guys....

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a Wednesday night. It wasn't busy and as an Elite member I received a room upgrade to a very nice suite room on the sixth floor. The room was very well appointed, clean, and comfortable. It was a very nice surprise as suite upgrades are unusual in my experience. The concierge lounge was comfortable and offered a good selection of snacks and drinks. The price for glass of wine at $5 was very reasonable. Breakfast was also good. The staff, from the front desk to the restaurant and lounge, were very attentive and friendly. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Keith T
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The suite was roomy and comfortable except for the sofa. Internet should be included with room and not a separate charge. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Stayed on the eight floor and never had to wait more than a few seconds for an elevator.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Really, this place is just about perfect. From the moment you enter and the folks come from behind there counter to greet you until you leave, they are always wanting to do more for you. I cannot tell you how many was I asked if I needed something or "is there something I can help you with". I was here for a conference and the food was better than any conference that I have been to and I have been to too many to count. Just know, this is a nice place, very friendly and very clean. Rooms are large and spotless, I had a balcony. Plus it is very convenient to Super Target(you can walk) and lots of good restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place is beautiful, beds are very comfortable, clean room, great bathroom, the staff very professional and very helpful. Highly recommend this place. Wish for the money we could have had a microwave and small refrigerator, but overall just a great place to stay, Right next to Super Target and shopping centers and restaurants. Didn't have to drive very far at all for other activities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family