WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center

Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #28 of 111 Hotels in Tulsa
Purdy, Missouri
“Wonderful place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place is beautiful, beds are very comfortable, clean room, great bathroom, the staff very professional and very helpful. Highly recommend this place. Wish for the money we could have had a microwave and small refrigerator, but overall just a great place to stay, Right next to Super Target and shopping centers and restaurants. Didn't have to drive very far at all for other activities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Audrasmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Rio Rancho, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I really really really wanted to give this place 5 stars, but the issue is the breakfast! Standard Marriot fare, but not okay with me. The eggs were good, but the bacon, and potatoes were cold. That said, the bed was suuuuuper comfy, and the room nicely cleaned. The front staff were great, and enjoyed the new music selections as much as I did. Wifi was a little slow (as based on the dropped FaceTime calls) but was otherwise adequate. My favorite place to stay in Tulsa - as long as it's close to where you want to be! The bar, and especially the bar tender was great! She told me to "make myself at home" and she meant it. I look forward to my next stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure what is going on with some of the reviews about this hotel? Here is the breakdown on my stay. I am here on business but my 16 year old daughter is with me because of spring break.
-Exterior: Wow, very impressive from the highway
-Parking: Free, and close. (What more could you want?)
-Front Desk Staff: Efficient and pleasant, the addition of my daughter was last minute on this stay. They had zero problems switching me to a double bed room.
-Concierge: Staff was very nice and went out of their way to help us with anything we needed including Diet Coke. (really no Diet Coke???). The food was top notch!
- Room: Clean, not huge but sufficient.
-Bathroom: Plenty of hot water, nice size
-Pool: Heated to a great temperature
-Hot Tub: Hot and wet
-Sauna: Hot and Dry
-Pool Staff: Maybe he was maintanance staff, not sure but he went out of his way to find us some left over pool toys.
-Bar: I am not sure of her name, but I used the young lady that was working the bar to show my daughter how to work a crowd. She was pretty busy but made every customer feel like he/she was the only person in the place. Very impressive.
-Location: Walking distance to Target, Khol's etc... Very close to the mall.
-Extra Fees: Internet was part of my negotiated price with my travel agent, and there were no fees for anything else.
-Sleep: Beds and pillows are not extremely, "Plush" but they are not bad.
-Overall: Nice hotel, great for business trips, shopping trips to Tulsa etc...

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rex0725
FS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Background, I travel continuously for my employer and have stayed in over 1000 hotels in 49 states NY to LA and HI. normally in the $89-$280 range.

Not sure where these "crown jewel" reviews come from and I would hate to offend anyone from Oklahoma but some of these comments lead me to believe that the reviewers might be a bit near sighted.

From the outside this hotel looks inviting. there is a shopping center close and plenty to eat near by. The staff was not unfriendly but they all carry that "its been a long day and i cant wait to get off" attitude. no smiles, just a sleepy stare. Doesn't bother me to much but i would expect more from "the crown jewel of Tulsa Oklahoma"
I had a room on the 8th floor, a Suite or the "Deluxe" as they list. My first impression was that i had just stepped into a 1990's mobile home. Tasteless wall art, drapes and a strange room layout. The first room is long with a lot of wasted space near the front door.
The carpet is dated but seemed clean, the couch and corner chair are cheap, flattened, dingy and uncomfortable. You can tell they've seen a lot of miles and should be replaced.
the bathroom had a lot of space and was clean. water worked well and had a good shower. towels where pretty soft and clean.
the bedroom was average, comfortable bed, clean linens with a small balcony you could walk out on.

This Hotel was over priced. Is an Average Hotel with Average staff and below average quality. I've seen MUCH more for my money in bigger cities but many times this is the case. Maybe this is the best Tulsa has to offer so they can charge more for an average room. this Suite should have been around $90, not $200

Room Tip: Deluxe is not worth it. seems like they just add a wall and boom, there is your deluxe.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank faredo
MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

While the hotel is lovely and appears large and beautifully appointed, they have missed the whole picture by having pillows that are hard as rocks! I have had a stiff neck for two days after spending three restless nights here. When we called the front desk (and it rang for several minutes before anyone answered) to ask for softer pillows and non allergenic Blankets , we were told they only had feather duvets and pillows or the hard foam pillows. The front desk clerk told me she always travels with her own pillows as if I should have carried an extra pc of luggage on the plane ...I stay in hotels 50% of the year, and have never experienced pillows like this.

Room Tip: Stay at Another hotel
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank secondhomejm
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This Renaissance is an OK Marriott property that has been refreshed (I think) but still has an older feel because it is hard to make the old atrium buildings feel up to date. Good location in that it is easy to get to and right in the middle of everything. The staff were all friendly although I did have one desk clerk that seemed to be annoyed that I was asking her a question and I did call down to the front desk twice when no one answered! How does a hotel not answer it's phone? I probably would have given them 4 stars if they would answer their phone. Workout facility is very nice

2 Thank cubfaninco
Owasso, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I are very familiar with Tulsa---we only live 15 minutes away from the Renaissance. We came here for 2 nights to celebrate Valentine's Day together. We've stayed here before and loved it. It's right off the 71st St. strip of great restaurants and shopping. And---get this--it was 65% LESS (under $100/night) than a stay at either the Ambassador or Mayo AND the same price as Hampton's in the area. Why the Renaissance isn't in the top 5 hotels in Tulsa is a mystery to me. Great location. Great breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: We are Marriott Platinum so staying on the Club level with access to the concierge lounge is always...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple