“Hard nights sleep”

Ranked #32 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
MD
“Hard nights sleep”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

While the hotel is lovely and appears large and beautifully appointed, they have missed the whole picture by having pillows that are hard as rocks! I have had a stiff neck for two days after spending three restless nights here. When we called the front desk (and it rang for several minutes before anyone answered) to ask for softer pillows and non allergenic Blankets , we were told they only had feather duvets and pillows or the hard foam pillows. The front desk clerk told me she always travels with her own pillows as if I should have carried an extra pc of luggage on the plane ...I stay in hotels 50% of the year, and have never experienced pillows like this.

Room Tip: Stay at Another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank secondhomejm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This Renaissance is an OK Marriott property that has been refreshed (I think) but still has an older feel because it is hard to make the old atrium buildings feel up to date. Good location in that it is easy to get to and right in the middle of everything. The staff were all friendly although I did have one desk clerk that seemed to be annoyed that I was asking her a question and I did call down to the front desk twice when no one answered! How does a hotel not answer it's phone? I probably would have given them 4 stars if they would answer their phone. Workout facility is very nice

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cubfaninco
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I are very familiar with Tulsa---we only live 15 minutes away from the Renaissance. We came here for 2 nights to celebrate Valentine's Day together. We've stayed here before and loved it. It's right off the 71st St. strip of great restaurants and shopping. And---get this--it was 65% LESS (under $100/night) than a stay at either the Ambassador or Mayo AND the same price as Hampton's in the area. Why the Renaissance isn't in the top 5 hotels in Tulsa is a mystery to me. Great location. Great breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: We are Marriott Platinum so staying on the Club level with access to the concierge lounge is always...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Van Buren, Arkansas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel was very nice and so were the rooms. However I would rate this as a 3.5 star hotel and not a 4 star hotel. Our room had a few issues. The bathtub had sand in it and the 2nd coat of grout they used to do minor repairs in the bathroom didn't match the original grout. The mattress seemed like it needed to be replaced. The hotel is in a great location right off of the interstate and very close to shopping and great food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicki B, Social Media Director at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for letting us know about your stay. Please know that we will pass along your comments to the appropriate departments for immediate attention to the situations. We pride ourselves on being the ONLY AAA 4 Diamond Hotel in Tulsa, and without comments from our guests like you, we cannot keep that rating! Thanks again.
Tulsa
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I live in Tulsa and I play bridge at the Renaissance two or three times a week every month. My bridge clubs have played there for several years. I have found the people there very friendly and ready to help in any way that they can. We eat in your restaurant each time we play. We have found the staff very efficient and friendly. Suzanne is one of the waitresses that has been there with us most of the time. She takes care of us and makes us feel like she cares about us. But not one waitress has treated us rude or made us fell uncomfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that asks because I know that they will be well pleased with the service. I have also stayed here as a guest. My deceased husband and I had our 50th anniversary dinner and was well pleased. Therefore I have seen different sides of the service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words! We certainly enjoy having the group here during the afternoons, and definitely appreciate your business and loyalty.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I play bridge with a group of women any where between 4 and 6 times a month. The hotel is always clean, the accommodations excellent, and the staff always friendly. Suzanne Banks is the hostess for our bridge groups, keeping us confortable an taking lunch orders and serving them. She is ALWAYS friendly and wants to please, We all have come to know her as a friend. She is the best!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The Tulsa Renaissance is a wonderful place to stay! My husband and I love it here and return several times per year. In fact, it's the ONLY place we stay in Tulsa...for our money, it is simply the best. Great staff, very good food, clean and well-appointed rooms. As a long-time Rewards member, we are well taken care of. Super place!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are so happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice in Tulsa! We appreciate your loyalty to us and to the Marriott Brand! Next time you visit, please ask an associate about new local discoveries to explore during your stay!