“Crown in the Jewel”

Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed January 17, 2013

As soon as I checked into hotel I was memserized by the beauty of this hotel . It literary and figuratively looks like a castle . The hotel is newer and lives up to its 4 star diamond rating . The prices are not too bad either and the location is ideal . A mall nearby and plenty of restaurants . Plenty of parking around hotel . First time I went to a Cheddars restaurant was when I was staying here and fell in love . The room was a bit smaller but the decor is good . I would spoil myself and stay in this majestic hotel over a weekend just to enjoy the beauty !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled that you loved your stay and we look forward to welcoming you on your next trip!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a great hotel but if you have 3 or 4 to the room they only have double beds (not queens) so you won't be very comfortable. This was the case on our recent stay with my wife and our 20 year old daughter. We did get a great price on Priceline of $45.00 per night. I was told that they will be doing upgrades in 2013 and will most likely get rid of the double beds and replace them with queen beds. I would recommend this hotel for the price.

Room Tip: If you have 3 or 4 to the room they only have double beds (not queens) so you won't be very comf...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you are a marriott platinum member, you generally get treated better at marriott southern hills. Ive stayed at the renaissance quite a bit and upon check in today, i get put in a lower floor as far away from the elevator as you can get where the internet reception is not the best. Believe the renaissance is more secure and in a better part of town, but cant figure out why they are so inconsistent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I reserved a king room directly on this hotel's website...not a third party. When we arrived we were told they didn't have any kings left. The lady at the desk said the online site is only a request and you need a guaranteed king. However, she couldn't tell us how to get a guaranteed king. Overal it is a nice hotel, I just wish they would deliver what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Cowboykw
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had to be in Tulsa for business in November 2012 and was very happy with my selection of the Renaissance. My room was very clean and the staff could not have been nicer. Because I was new in town I asked the front desk staff on numerous occassions for advice on travel in the area along with what was the best take out. They were able to accomodate my request to have a refrigerator and microwave put in my room. I was very happy with my experience and traveling alone felt very safe at this location. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, social media director at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Renaissance Tulsa Hotel! We are happy that we were able to make you feel comfortable, safe and welcome. We look forward to you being our guest again.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My family and I make a trip to Tulsa every Thanksgiving weekend because my brothers compete in the BMX Grands Championship. We have stayed at the Renaissance in OKC and expected this one to be even better..... HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT!

- First of all we had booked two ADJOINING rooms because we had 4 young boys that we didn't want going back and forth out in the hallway disturbing the other guest. We had confirmed that we had ADJOINING rooms 2 times with the hotel before we arrived... and we arrived to rooms that were not even close to each other. They didn't even have any adjoining rooms available. They did put us in rooms closer to each other but the clerk at the desk acted as if we were putting him out
- Next, they charged my father-in-law's card 2 times for the incidentals on his room.... and when questioned about it the clerk at the desk said " Well its not going to go through... theres nothing else I can do for you" in a very rude manner
- When we arrived to our room there was no microwave, no refrigerator, and the internet for the room was $12.95 per day! That is crazy for a supposed "4 star" hotel like this
- I had to instruct the housekeeper how exactly to clean my room, because she didnt think to leave more than 2 towels or any coffee or coffee cups
- And this may just be nit picky... but since this hotel was so horrible I couldnt help but notice that the double occupancy rooms had two uncomfortable double beds... when we had stayed in a lower grade hotel the night before that had two comfortable queen size beds in it.
***Overall we will NOT stay at this hotel again... and we will be letting everybody that we know that comes down for the BMX Grands annually not to stay in this hotel either. Very nice looking hotel... but I care more about customer service, and this hotel was horrible in regards to that.

Room Tip: The higher the better so you are not close to the noisy bar on Friday nights if you actually want to...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tabitha S
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice hotel, no real complaints. Located close to many restaurants and shops (Target, Kohls,etc). Huge gold fish in a make shift stream, kids loved it. Rooms are nice, no noise complaints. Could have used a bigger TV, but that's nit picking I guess.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family