“Service poor”

Ranked #31 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Bethany
“Service poor”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Quality of service did not match the wonderful facility and comfort in this hotel. Many staff offhand and casual in manner and can only deal with normal routine issues. We felt like we were in the backwoods and that many staff had not been trained to be courteous and polite and to go the extra mile. Did not expect to be charged for bottled water and wifi in the room either in a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine B
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are sorry that your stay was not as excellent as you expected. Please be assured that we work very hard to make each and every guest feel welcomed and special. We cannot know if we are not living up to that goal unless we hear from our guests. If you would like to share specific examples, please call the hotel directly, and we can use your examples for further training of our staff!

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Missouri
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I attended a conference in this hotel and I was very impressed with everything. The hotel had excellent parking and check in service. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was relaxing. The center of the hotel was focused on an atrium with glass ceiling tiles. Gorgeous plants (real ones!) were in the center and an indoor coy fish pond with a waterfall completed the feel. I was told that the conference will be there next year also and I look forward to going again. It is easy to find and is located very near some nice restaurants and shops.

1 Thank familyoffiveMissouri
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We will make sure to share with the staff and we look forward to seeing you back next year!
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

- Put us in the wrong type of room (we put 4ppl per room and they put us in king rooms)

- when we had to book an additional room to accomodate the # people in our party, they did not offer to compensate us, give us a discount, etc.

- We had put 4ppl per room on our reservation, but they put us in a King room (2 ppl) and there was only 1 towel per room.

- We were never offered compensation or a discount, even though one person in our party ended up having to sleep on the floor in the extra room we had to purchase.

Overall, I was disappointed because the hotel staff did not seem prepared for our group, or willing to correct their errors.

Room Tip: If you WANT a double bed, you have to type in the comment box "we would like double beds"...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Katy B
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am a platinum member and always get great service at Marriott properties. This one, for 4 times, keeps disapointing. On my recent trip, I asked if an upgrade from my normal king room was available and no, there was nothing available. No problem, until I got to my room and it was just across from the elevator bank. "Ding", "DING" all night! The food is ok there but the prices are sky high. There are a ton of restaurants nearby so not a big deal but the breakfast in the club room was not the greatest either.

The staff is always nice, the building is beautiful and the bed is fine. Maybe I had bad luck 4 times in a row. I have had better luck at the Marriott in Southern Hills but that property is pretty dated.

Room Tip: Ask to get your room away from the elevater bank. Eat out.
2 Thank alan m
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We never want our guests to feel discouraged about staying at our property, and certainly want to make your experience what it should be as a platinum member. I have emailed you directly as we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay(s) in detail and make it right.
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I don't know what in the world people are talking about giving this hotel anything but 5 stars. I mean it's not like there's a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons in Tulsa!
The entire staff was overly attentive and accomodating. Some of these reviews are ridiculous. The rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable with nice linens. Bathrooms are updated and very large. Restaurant was great all the people working in the restaurants and bar were as nice as they could be. I live in Beverly Hills, CA and was very leery about staying here as I had never stayed in a hotel in Tulsa. I have to go to Tulsa quite a bit now and am looking forward to staying again. I stay in 5 star hotels all over the world. This is top of the line for what it should be. The gym is great. Parking is very easy and again the staff could not have been nicer. Best hotel in Tulsa. Someone on here is complaining that they couldn't get a room every night for 77.00? Are you kidding me? Where on earth do you find a hotel room anywhere for 77.00? And at this level of service? If they gave you that rate and you complained I hope they never let you back again. Geez you cannot be serious. Internet was great. The one time I was bounced off line the manager comped my service for my stay. The cable tv was fine. Get a life people. This hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank J T
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your remarks! Often times, we don't get the opportunity to hear the great stories! We will share with our staff and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Tulsa.
destin, florida
Reviewed July 24, 2012

made reservation through expedia for a suite. Got there and hotel said that a suite was not available. Was told that we should book directly with hotel and not use expedia. We told them that they shouldn't have an agreement with expedia if they don't intend to keep up their side of the deal.

Not the first time that we have had reservation problems with this hotel....we won't be going back.

1 Thank r g
shreveport
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is very pretty on the outside and the lobby and atrium is beautiful but this atrium connects to the hotel bar. When the bar patrons get loud and have fun until well after midnight, this sound carries to all the rooms because all the room doors open to an open hallway so you can look down into the atrium. I also do not like that just anyone sitting in the lobby can see exactly which room I am going to and that I am traveling alone. I called and was told the hotel had free wifi for patrons. While this is not a lie, it is not completely accurate. There is no free wifi in the rooms, it is $12.95 per day. The free wifi is available in the bar which is not an environment I would be able to work in. The rooms themselves were a little below average for a Renaissance in my opinion. Terrible view from room as well. I know not every room can have a terrific view but you could at least try to make it look nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room. I tried but the hotel was already overbooked.
1 Thank ashley n
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments here and thank you for staying with us. We strive each and every day to provide a safe and secure location for our guests to relax, work, and stay. We are sorry that you didn't feel that way in our atrium setting. Most of our guests feel much more secure in this setting since they are not walking down long dark corridors alone where people can't see them.

We do want to apologize regarding the information you were given regarding the complimentary WIFI. It IS available in the bar; however, it is also available in our atrium area, so that guests don't feel they have to do their business in the bar.

Again, we appreciate your comments. We can only grow and get better if we know where we need to improve. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.