“Wedding trip”

Comfort Suites Central/I-44
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here for our trip to Tulsa for a wedding. Nice, clean and friendly, walking distance to the Route 66 Harley store and a bar for our enjoyment. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice and I used the exercise room. Very clean also.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I spent one night in the Comfort Suites Central in Tulsa, OK. Comfort Suites are fast becoming my favorite hotel chain. The rooms have a large sitting area and a very comfy king size bed. The entire hotel is nicely decorated and clean. I liked the large, swingout, round, magnified mirror in the bathroom; it is better than leaning over the sink counter to put on makeup. The included breakfast was standard and nice (biscuits, gravy, eggs, juice, coffee, fruit, waffles, etc), however, the scrambled eggs were watery and didn't taste like they were made with fresh eggs. The hotel is 1 block from Tulsa Tech.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I have four young children. So it can be difficult to find rooms that legally accommodate that many. Comfort Suites exceeds in providing rooms for more than just four people. Our room was clean, check in and out was very easy and efficient. Our room was very comfortable with two queens and a fold out bed. There was room for the toddlers to run around and the older two to play without me feeling like I was tripping over children. I did not go to the pool, but my husband and older two boys did and they had a great time. When we first got to the room it was very late: 1-2 a.m. The fold out bed, as another reviewer mentioned, didn't have any bedding. I called the front desk and in minutes had the necessary sheets, etc. Breakfast was fairly common. It wasn't amazing, but it was about standard. Definitely more than just cereal and donuts, we ate the breakfast every morning and it was sufficient. The only thing that we didn't get top notch service on was getting new batteries for our remote. But since we weren't in our room much, that wasn't a deal breaker for us. The next time we're in Tulsa we'll probably stay here again. Cleanliness is the most important thing in a hotel for me- and this one definitely was.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We checked in Friday at 2PM February 7th, 2014 Through our stuff in the room. Saw that the tempurature was 58 degrees, turned the thermostate on the wall to 74. Noticed that the fold out couch that we were also going to use had no bedding. Stopped by the clerk desk on the way out and told her that there was no bedding for couch and that we would be back around midnight, returned around midnight no bedding and room still cold. went back down and waited my turn. Nice guy at desk went and got me the bedding. Another guest shoed up complaining about room temerature. the clerk explained to me and him that the rooms had an energe saving motion detector and if no motion was detected it shut off the heater. Which it had done since we left earlier in the day. I ask if we had to get up during the night to keep the furnace running and he said he didn't know. I am all for going green but what kind of person would install a motion detector on a furnace? The room was typical for Comfort Inn Suites. Compimentary breakfast was good.

Room Tip: see if the a/c and furnace always work.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Upon arrival, the atmosphere both looked and smelled clean, as I have come to expect when staying at a Comfort Suites hotel. However, there were lots of problems with the room. There was painted-over water damage on the ceiling and the loose carpet just below it led me to believe that this was a patch job rather than a repair. Since there was no rain in the forecast, I kept my mouth shut and slept in the room as it was. I also did not complain about the exposed wires underneath the ac unit since the younger children in my party were in a different room that did not have any. There were some cosmetic issues with the other room, but since safety did not seem to be an issue I let those go as well. Because we were there for a youth conference that began before we were even able to check-in and and because I knew we would spend little to no time in the rooms except to sleep, I didn't change lodgings. However this will be my first and last stay there since there since upkeep seems to be such a low priority while refusing to reimburse the $1.50 safe charge seems to be their goal with each guest. (Both myself and the man who checked out before me.)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MLG5
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We arrived at 11:45 pm. The room we were given was 60 degrees. I was tired and ready to go to bed but it was too cold. The room was cold, the sheets and pillows were cold, the mattress was cold. We requested another room and it was 59 degrees. They have a sensor that keeps the heat off unless there is movement. Well, they need to do something to keep the room at least at a reasonable minimum temp. It was 66 degrees when we woke up in the morning.

If it hadn't been for that, we generally like this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Proficient staff and excellent location. Several places close by to get a quick bite. easy and quick access to downtown. I was there for work but will definite revisit with family next time I am in Tulsa.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business