“I Expected Better”

Comfort Suites Central/I-44
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Upon arrival, the atmosphere both looked and smelled clean, as I have come to expect when staying at a Comfort Suites hotel. However, there were lots of problems with the room. There was painted-over water damage on the ceiling and the loose carpet just below it led me to believe that this was a patch job rather than a repair. Since there was no rain in the forecast, I kept my mouth shut and slept in the room as it was. I also did not complain about the exposed wires underneath the ac unit since the younger children in my party were in a different room that did not have any. There were some cosmetic issues with the other room, but since safety did not seem to be an issue I let those go as well. Because we were there for a youth conference that began before we were even able to check-in and and because I knew we would spend little to no time in the rooms except to sleep, I didn't change lodgings. However this will be my first and last stay there since there since upkeep seems to be such a low priority while refusing to reimburse the $1.50 safe charge seems to be their goal with each guest. (Both myself and the man who checked out before me.)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MLG5

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We arrived at 11:45 pm. The room we were given was 60 degrees. I was tired and ready to go to bed but it was too cold. The room was cold, the sheets and pillows were cold, the mattress was cold. We requested another room and it was 59 degrees. They have a sensor that keeps the heat off unless there is movement. Well, they need to do something to keep the room at least at a reasonable minimum temp. It was 66 degrees when we woke up in the morning.

If it hadn't been for that, we generally like this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Proficient staff and excellent location. Several places close by to get a quick bite. easy and quick access to downtown. I was there for work but will definite revisit with family next time I am in Tulsa.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days. Good service, staff always smiling and ready to help. Excellent location, very easy access to downtown expressway since that's where my work was. My family joined me the last day and they moved me from a king to a double bed suite without any charge!!

Definitely coming back to this place next time in town.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall Average....location was good for my assignment surrounding restaurants were decent.
The hotel itself is a little dissapointing for a CS, the TV was fuzzy and there were about 100 channels programmed and only about 30 were operational, and of those only 10 were useable. The front desk said that none of the channels should be fuzzy but the tv in the lounge was fuzzy, they said they would send maintainance but I'm not sure if they did(they didn't leave card/notice that they had been in there, and the tv was never fixed). for an overnight I could have dealt with it but I was there for 5 days. The breakfast was only slightly below average. I'm gonna try the HI Express up the street on the return trip in Jan..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for a full week and was not impressed. First meeting with desk staff was terrible, she was rude and as unhelpful as possible. The room was not super clean, there was change left on the bathroom counter and old food left in the fridge. The fitness center was crummy with no working treadmills.
On my fourth night there the window was smashed out of my car and when I reported it to the front desk and to inquire about the address for a police report not one person seemed to care. I was told they had no shop vac and that I couldn't have any old towels to cover the seat with so I could move my car and get it fixed. Nobody apologized or asked if there was anything they could do to help.
Overall, I'd avoid this place at all costs. The sketchy location paired with a mostly useless and downright rude staff is enough to say everybody should stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel annually for the past 4 years, usually for 10 days. This past stay, I was only there for 5, and I probably won't be staying there again in the future. To start on the positive: the beds are REALLY comfortable--firm but not obnoxiously so. The A/C heat unit can be set to "fan" so it runs continuously, instead of cycling on and off and waking me up all night. That being said, the hotel is just starting to look beat up. The duvet covers are soiled, the curtains are soiled, the carpets are soiled. I would consider the hotel itself pretty clean, but it needs a good DEEP cleaning and some repairs. The fan in the bathroom in my room did not work, nor did the light that goes on with the fan, which made for some dark showers. The biggest complaint I have from this past stay, however, is the "safe charge" of $1.50 for a safe that I never used. I have no tolerance for these practices and because of this, will not choose to stay at this hotel again next year when I travel to Tulsa for the annual horse show. There are far too many other options available (that also have better breakfasts, too.) One other issue with the room I was staying in (214) was the tree that scratched against the window when the wind blew. Again, a maintenance issue that clearly should be taken care of.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side opposite the biker bar. One night I was awoken by the Harleys outside the ba...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Julie S, Manager at Comfort Suites Central/I-44, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you taking time to review your stay at our hotel. As a new management that is 90 days old, we had made the same observations you have during your stay at our hotel. We are in the process of finalizing a complete renovation of the hotel, starting with a new bedding program before the end of the year, followed by a phased roll out of complete redo of all guest rooms and public areas. We are also introducing more healthy options as well as more breakfast choices.

Thank you also for bringing to my attention of the safe charge. Safes are available in the rooms, so that guests can secure their belongings should they chose to. There is no mandatory safe charge, it is a completely optional and at the discretion of the guest. All guest are informed of the availability of this option should they choose to take advantage of it at check in. I will work with my front desk staff to make sure that they inform all guests of additional amenity. I apologize if there was lack of clarity on our part during your stay at our hotel.

We hope you give us another chance to experience the same guest experience that you have had in the last several years that you have stayed with us.

Julie