“Good Group Happy Hour Option”
Review of R Bar and Grill

R Bar and Grill
Ranked #189 of 1,315 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good Group Happy Hour Option”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Visited the R Bar for Happy hour and invited a few friends from work. Arrived just before 5:00 and wound up staying until about 8:30 on a Friday. We had people come and new ones show up, but the experience was enjoyable. They have several large TVs, which made for a good place to watch the Cardinals Wild Card game. This is not my first time there and the service isn't always the fastest, but they were pleasant, fast enough, and the food we had was good. The Margarita Pizza was my fav, but we had a few things - mostly appetizers. It does get loud, but we had no problem talking and had an enjoyable time.

Dallas, Texas
“Great lunch place- killer bar in the evenings”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

R Bar Has one of the more creative pub menus in Tulsa. The food quality is several notches above most of the "bars" in Tulsa. For me, a few of the highlights are the hot roast beef sandwich, the crab dip, the soups, and the house salad (which is great for only $4.00).

The atmosphere is great. This is a newer place, and the decor is upscale. The actual bar area is the nicest in Brookside with the possible exception of Wolfgang Pucks. It has a large outdoor patio that allows smoking, and after work you'll see guys smoking cigars out there, which I like, but may turn some people off. It's quiet at lunch, but busy almost every night of the week. I've found the service to be great, with the servers remembering my name after my second visit.

Overall I'm impressed with R Bar. Don't let the name fool you, it's as much a restaurant as it is a nightspot.

Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Loudest place in the world?”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Went there around 5:00 at the suggestion of my wife. First, when I walked in, I noticed that there were only guys there, drinking beer (which, by the way, they had a great selection) and talking loudly. Sat inside but the loudness of the restaurant never diminished. I found myself saying "huh" everytime someone said something to me.

The food was average at best. Cold french fries, undercooked burger, bland pizza (and this one had jalapenos on it).

Can't say I will ever be back.

Swimmin' M